2007 Acura TL-S in Chicago... referrals?

Guest revelone29

Guest revelone29

Hello everyone.

I had my windows tinted by a friend of a friend that works for a 3M shop last year or so and have had scratches on my windows since the week after I got them put on (front and rear windows).

To make a long story short, I called the guy (since the tint is lifetime warranty) and he said he would replace them without a problem. But after having gone through this once, I am really discouraged to take it back to him and have it done a 2nd time.

I have been reading some of the info on this thread and understand that Moleskin is not needed to prevent the scratches. The guy that did my windows also, did not tuck the back quarter windows (so you can see the trim from outside) and he cut out the rear window brake light.

With that being said, I am looking for someone or somewhere to get my windows redone in Chicago land area w/ experience (especially with 3rd generation TLs)

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I am in NW Indiana not sure if that is an option for you? I am not so sure how to get the film to NOT scratch without adding felt to the gaskets. I do all one piece back windows and do not cut out the third brake light. My roll downs have a micro gap and the install is clean and hair/crease/dust free. :lol I have plenty of pics of those cars tinted also.

If I can help please feel free to contact me thru www.showusyourtints.com

Guest chitowntintartist

I actually have the same car. I tinted it if you ever want to see what the tint job on this car should look like im five minutes from ohare. Make sure the rear quarter window gets tinted all the way up and definitely get the felt to prevent scratching.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Archived