Suntek Doing Us Dirty?

Guest ALLSTARTINTCHATT

Guest ALLSTARTINTCHATT

Hey People great site, have been a visitor for a while and have now decided to chime in. I have 2 stint stores in Chattanooga, Tn. and a third location under construction in our local dodge /chrysler dealership. I need to vent to some fellow tinters and get your opinion on an issue we have with Suntek Films. First let me say that this is not a knock against their films, their films are good films. The issue lies on how they do business, let me explain: We are a 3M dealer and use Suntek as our 2nd value priced line. We hooked up with Suntek 2 years ago and was told that even though they do not offer exclusive territories that if we did business with them that they would not sell to anyone else in our area. We agreed and starting advertising and selling Suntek. The average Suntek dealer does less than 10k a year in purchases, this number given to me by the presidentm of Suntek. Our purchases have exceeded these numbers and just in the past 3 months have purchased over 10k in film. so just to clarify we have purchased over 10k in film since July! Now for the problem, my next door neighbor is a car audio store and decided that they wanted to tint windows so who do they call.... Suntek. and Suntek sells to them. Of course im angry and give Suntek a call to find out what was the deal?... and their answer was that they told me that they would not pursue anybody in my area but since my neighbor called them then they thought that would be OK. I find this a little underhanded and deceitful, what do you guys/gals think? I talked to the president of the company and he said that since they have already sold to my neighbor that he could not in good concious cut them off, he felt that would be wrong! This forum talks highly of Suntek and to be honest that was one of the reasons I chose them, I just wanted to get a fellow tinter's thoughts and to let everyone know that maybe Suntek is NOT what it is craked up to be. The president is supposed to call me back later this week and tell me what he decided. I hope they make the right decision and will let everyone know what they decide. Sorry for the long post!!

Although they don't offer exclusivity, Suntek south has also told me they would not set anyone else up in my small town 40 miles outside of st.louis. Time will tell....

It makes it hard to compete with a neighbor who is selling the same film, but thats when quality comes into place. Build a better showroom, do better installs, show your customers your knowledgeable on your products & services.

I don't think it should matter to you what brand sells to whom or whether the films are "exclusive" or not. If you're running two shops with one more to come, you should be selling your quality and reputation, not a film brand.

The noob next door is gonna charge according to his abilities and get the low ball customers you don't want anyway and not only that, but if SunTek didn't sell to him, he'd buy from somewhere else anyway. If he's good enough to make it, he'll make it and if he's not, he won't.

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

I went to suntek originally because 3M wouldn't sell to me. I'm on your neighbor's side on this subject. Go little guys! Booo 10k in 3 month ritch cry babies!

J/k I'm just jealous

Hey People great site, have been a visitor for a while and have now decided to chime in. I have 2 stint stores in Chattanooga, Tn. and a third location under construction in our local dodge /chrysler dealership. I need to vent to some fellow tinters and get your opinion on an issue we have with Suntek Films. First let me say that this is not a knock against their films, their films are good films. The issue lies on how they do business, let me explain: We are a 3M dealer and use Suntek as our 2nd value priced line. We hooked up with Suntek 2 years ago and was told that even though they do not offer exclusive territories that if we did business with them that they would not sell to anyone else in our area. We agreed and starting advertising and selling Suntek. The average Suntek dealer does less than 10k a year in purchases, this number given to me by the presidentm of Suntek. Our purchases have exceeded these numbers and just in the past 3 months have purchased over 10k in film. so just to clarify we have purchased over 10k in film since July! Now for the problem, my next door neighbor is a car audio store and decided that they wanted to tint windows so who do they call.... Suntek. and Suntek sells to them. Of course im angry and give Suntek a call to find out what was the deal?... and their answer was that they told me that they would not pursue anybody in my area but since my neighbor called them then they thought that would be OK. I find this a little underhanded and deceitful, what do you guys/gals think? I talked to the president of the company and he said that since they have already sold to my neighbor that he could not in good concious cut them off, he felt that would be wrong! This forum talks highly of Suntek and to be honest that was one of the reasons I chose them, I just wanted to get a fellow tinter's thoughts and to let everyone know that maybe Suntek is NOT what it is craked up to be. The president is supposed to call me back later this week and tell me what he decided. I hope they make the right decision and will let everyone know what they decide. Sorry for the long post!!

You're a 3M dealer using Sun Tek for the price point. Why does Sun Tek owe you something you don't give them?

The response that the dealer contacted them rather than the other way around is disingenuous at best. If they made this deal with you and you held up your part than you have every reason to be upset. Trust is critical.

Everything else is secondary.

Hello Allstartintchatt,

This is Howard at Express Films.

It would not be proper for me to opine on how SunTek treated you or anyone else for that matter. I compete with them every day and I respect them as a viable competitor. My purpose in writing this to you is to suggest that you consider another option which you might not know is available to you: Your very own brand of film.

The next logical question is who you should work with. My company has been providing this exact service to clients for decades. You can take delivery of the film in glossy boxes that are beautifully decorated with your company logos and artwork. What's more, inside the box will be a roll of color stable window film which is made by a company which I (and many others) consider to be the top quality window film manufacturer on this planet.

All at better prices than either of your current suppliers.

Interested?? Just give me a call for all the details.

Howard - Express Window Films (800)345-6669 howard@buytint.com