Suntek Doing Us Dirty?

Guest ALLSTARTINTCHATT

I use SunTek. The shop I worked at for 7 Years uses Suntek which is less than 1/2 a mile down the road. I like the film and could give 2 sheets less what everyone else uses. I sell my Jobs on reputation and quality of installation. I got both shops to use it because it is what I like to use and if I was denied the choice of buying the film when I switched places, I would be eff'in pizzed. My advice, find a film you like and sell yourself. Not the film.

I am a firm believer of promoting your own company and not be dependant on a brand. The customer does not call the manufacturer is there is a problem. The majority of people out there do not know brand names. Many companies do as Howard mentioned, offer your own brand of film. I did it for years

Years ago I worked for a company that used Suntek, They sold film to me knowing I worked for one of their dealers. I did a bunch of side work with the film. Today, I could go just about anywhere in Houston and fart, and the Suntelk dealers would smell it. They are everwhere, and this subject has been beat to death. Their flat glass film is great, and auto film is junk.

Suntek will sell to anyone with a credit card as will most film manny's. I have to give props to Bekaert,3M, Vista and a few others that cherry pick their dealers. Its a double edged sword though as 3M highly encourages their dealers be exclusive and most all carry a second brand so it is what it is :D. Sounds your more worried about your neighbor taking some business from you which is understandable but fact of the matter is that window film is not hard to purchase be it johnson,ewf,global,aswf,and on and on so keep your quality and customer service up and you'll keep your quality customers.. Sell lulu atc, better brand recognition and cheaper then carbon :dunno

Suntek will sell to anyone with a credit card as will most film manny's.

And knife you in the back for the all mighty dollar.....it's happened to me in the past and the joke of it is that the other mob they stooged me for dumped them.....karma.

No reference to ST.

devil

Edited by Devil with bad attitude

Guest tinthoss

ALLSTAR - If you decide to go the re-boxing route do yourself a favor and check with all the major film brands. Almost all of them will offer bulk film discounts that you can re-box in your own boxes. Dont put all your eggs in one basket. Good luck :blink:

Guest Darknesswithin

I agree with the sales of any manufacture but I disagree with some of the ways they conduct there sales...

I don't have a problem with the same brand in the same area but if they where right across the street then Yes I would have a problem with that.

Now I also have a so called "verbal" agreement with my sales rep that he won't sell the CXP line to anyone else in my immediate area because I asked him to help me out on just that line mainly because 2 tint shops 12 miles away are the cut guys that we all hate dealing with there extremely cheap pricing on any car out there.....

by only offering the high end line such as the CXP they said they would do that for my because I don't offer any of the other products they make and that keeps the other dealers happy in there own minds.. go figure?? they want the same protection but only use the lower ends... weird but good for them and best of luck is what I hope for them.

time will definitely tell though because we all know how the film biz can be.. hope you can work through the issues you have with them,

There are sooo many shops using suntek, plus all the lowballers on craigslist offer it at prices that I can't touch. Im really thinking about re-branding film as Howard already mentioned.

IMO, sunteks auto film is average, not great, not bad. I also hate how there standard line doensn't last for shiat. I think they keep it like that so they can sell more HP.

Oh yea, I got a call from a potential custy wanting to buy as small amount of film. I said i wouldn't and he said that he already spoke with suntek and they'll sell him full rolls.