Suntek Doing Us Dirty?

Guest ALLSTARTINTCHATT

Guest Darknesswithin

don't forget how lulu sets there shops up, most of the time there's one on every corner,,, there use to be 11 lulu shops out of the 17-21 shops every year that pop up and go away but now lulu is in 4 shops here locally... :mmm wonder why that is? maybe that name is being pushed out?? don't really know and don't really care if lulu is near me... easy to sell over them anyway just gotta show a few pics and testimonies,

definitely stay away from the Standard line that stuff has a short life span for sure!! the HP line tends to fade fairly easy in Fl as well and the Standard Pro is not much different than the Hp line except for not being a metalized film, haven't seen any issues with the Carbon, Carbon CXP, Infinity OP lines "yet" ,,, all there films except the Standard line shrink very nice and easy IMO

Now I also have a so called "verbal" agreement with my sales rep that he won't sell the CXP line to anyone else in my immediate area because I asked him to help me out on just that line mainly because 2 tint shops 12 miles away are the cut guys that we all hate dealing with there extremely cheap pricing on any car out there.....

by only offering the high end line such as the CXP they said they would do that for my because I don't offer any of the other products they make and that keeps the other dealers happy in there own minds.. go figure?? they want the same protection but only use the lower ends... weird but good for them and best of luck is what I hope for them.

Does that qualify as "restriction of trade" to the other ST dealers?

Now I also have a so called "verbal" agreement with my sales rep that he won't sell the CXP line to anyone else in my immediate area because I asked him to help me out on just that line mainly because 2 tint shops 12 miles away are the cut guys that we all hate dealing with there extremely cheap pricing on any car out there.....

by only offering the high end line such as the CXP they said they would do that for my because I don't offer any of the other products they make and that keeps the other dealers happy in there own minds.. go figure?? they want the same protection but only use the lower ends... weird but good for them and best of luck is what I hope for them.

Doubtful.

Particularly in regards to the SunTek business model which is open to nearly anyone.

SunTek can support an exclusive agreement including a protected territory with this particular dealer since they were recruited from (let's assume) a competitive manufacturer. Frankly they can offer better pricing or terms as an incentive without being in violation of Robinson-Patman. Particularly for a limited time period; for example for a year.

Guest Darknesswithin

just keep in mind that Suntek in general and pretty much all the other film manufactures don't have a "restriction of trade" agreement with anyone (other than a few select that think they are high-end name brands like F1, Diamond, huper, 3m), those really only have a few restriction agreements (certain mile radius on the invading is somewhat protected)

I just simply asked my sales rep to help me out by just letting me carry there top product and so far it's working for me,, I do about 10-15 CXP jobs a month.. yeah thats not a big number like some guys around here but it's great for my area, my 4 other films I offer take up the quanity in other sales.. this Johnson film is a big hit around here mainly because of warranties in place (in writing)

Hello Allstartintchatt,

This is Howard at Express Films.

It would not be proper for me to opine on how SunTek treated you or anyone else for that matter. I compete with them every day and I respect them as a viable competitor. My purpose in writing this to you is to suggest that you consider another option which you might not know is available to you: Your very own brand of film.

The next logical question is who you should work with. My company has been providing this exact service to clients for decades. You can take delivery of the film in glossy boxes that are beautifully decorated with your company logos and artwork. What's more, inside the box will be a roll of color stable window film which is made by a company which I (and many others) consider to be the top quality window film manufacturer on this planet.

All at better prices than either of your current suppliers.

Interested?? Just give me a call for all the details.

Howard - Express Window Films (800)345-6669 howard@buytint.com

Howard, you will never cease to amaze me! The other day I found out about all the different colored film you sell and not only that but you sell them in cut down roll sizes........ Now I find you can send my film in a box with.... say autowindowtinting.com on them!!! THEN on top of that, you tinted the ambulance in the GhostBusters movie!

I wish I could intern with your company for awhile to make myself better and more efficient in the film business. Can't wait to see you at SEMA.

I have questions on having my own label but will save um for Vegas.

Cheers from all of us at Alexia's

Hello Professor !!!!

Thanks so much for the kind words.

I have to confess, though, you would not be all that impressed by the workmanship I did on the Ghostbuster Ectomobile. That rear quarter window had a 90 degree bend and I think I had to do it in 10 pieces. You (being the professor) would have whipped out the gun, showed the film who's boss and nailed it in a single piece.

There is only ONE professor and that is YOU !!!!!

See you at SEMA/Global !!!!!

-Howard

Guest ALLSTARTINTCHATT

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate everything that everyone had to say! I want you guys to know that the problem I have with Suntek is the fact that I was lied to in order for them to make a sale. If you cant trust your vendors, then who can you trust? In my opinion your vendor is your partner and they should help you in every way to build your business. What Suntek needs to realize is that their approach to selling window tint to anyone and everyone might work for while but eventually the market will be saturated and a backlash will start to happen. This is exactly what happened to LLumar in my area years back. What ever happened to a vendor building a long term relationship with a customer and provide them with a great products and great service? Suntek needs to re-think how they do business and focus on existing customers. Suntek advertises in their marketing materials that they add 5 new dealers a week, but it makes me wonder how many they loose, that is the answer I want to know!

Mike

http://www.allstartintandalarms.biz