Need advice

Guest denisk

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, I'm new to the forum and looking to get great advice from all of you. I really want to tint, I was wondering if anybody in the Toronto area can teach me and in return I can help around the shop for free labour. Or if not, can anybody point me in the right direction and tell me how to start learning how to tint. Where did you guys learn and where did you guys buy your equipment?

Thanks

Dennis

He is in Canada though. Bringing tools across the border is expensive.

Denis, there are a lot of tint shops in TO. I would check around for a reputable shop and visit them, put your offer out to them. If you are eager, I am sure you could find someone interested in taking you in.

I would also suggest not to just go in to learn in order to go out on your own.

If you are a good worker, and find a good employer...you will have less headaches and more money in your pocket if you just stick with working with them. :blink:

Hi thanks a lot slick. I was thinking of going into the shops and talking to them. I just dont want to come off as being creepy lol. I have e-mailed a couple of shops but no response yet. I wish I knew someone in the business, that would make it so much easier for me. How did you learn Slick. Any online video's you can recommend?

I learned by trial and error....old school. Looking back, I wish I would have gotten some proper training. Stan's DVD's are well worth their weight in gold. If you want to get a taste....check out his vid's on youtube. That being said, video's will only get you so far...hands on training is far and away a better way to learn. I wish I was closer, I wouldn't mind taking you in and showing you the ropes.....but I am now way out on the east coast.

One thing you may want to do is check with the Courage boys....courage.ca. They do training and are really nice guys to deal with. They may also be able to point you in the direction of a reputable company there in TO.

Hope it works out for ya.

Thanks a lot slick. I'm gonna call them and see how much training costs and see if I can afford it. I recently got my detailing certificate and that cost me a lot. I'm gonna ask my instructor if he knows somebody and hopefully he can hook me up. Hopefully also, a few of the Toronto tinters see this and helps me out.

Best way to learn is pretty much having a proffesional walk you through all the steps, cleaning and film handling ect.

After that you're on your own. TRIAL and ERROR

I always had a mentor watch over me and tell me if i was doing anything improper, eventually everthing comes natural that u can do everything on your own.

that's how i learned

Archived