Taking deposits for auto appointments

Anyone do this? I never used to, still dont...but I might freaking start. People don't bail all the time, but I fell like tint is often an impulse buy and its quite annoying when people waste my time, when I could have scheduled someone else sooner that actually wants film.

I do regularly take deposits. If nothing else it weeds out the potential flakes, those that woundnt normaly show up won't leave one. :bingo

i agree that it sucks to have customers flake but i dont think many would pay for a deposit. if you did that than youd have to do it with evey customer and i can see some people not wanting to pay a up front deposit. maybe just have them pay for the install when they make the appointment. maybe the customers are going to a different shop that can take on the job sooner.

start calling them when they dont show.

always get a phone number when making an appointment...call them when the dont show... we have an online booking system that REQUIRES a deposit when booking online..but other than that..nah..no deposit..most of our customers are good about being on time..or at least calling if or when they cant make it.

Guest Auto-Links

always get a phone number when making an appointment...call them when the dont show... we have an online booking system that REQUIRES a deposit when booking online..but other than that..nah..no deposit..most of our customers are good about being on time..or at least calling if or when they cant make it.

Have been interested in looking into something like this as well!

Is this done?

I have also been looking for some sort of electronic scheduling..

(Don't tell me you do this too, or that your online system even schedules a time for them and then links it to your smartphone or ipad because if it does I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!)

We have thought about this, but there is no 100% way to implement it. A lot of your customers will call you first, so are you going to ask for a credit number over the phone to make the appointment? That will turn a lot of customers away, I know I would just go somewhere else because it seems shady. Plus it will be very easy for them to do a chargeback and get their money. We now only take appointment when customers insist to do one, but we accept walk-ins or call aheads. Even if someone has an appointment, it is still first come, first serve. We tell everyone roughly 2 hours on most vehicles which gives us some slack when we get done in 1-1.5 hours. So far we have had zero issues.

Archived