tintwiz.com
tintwiz.com
Sign in to follow this  
APTINT

Taking deposits for auto appointments

I think I would lose half of the business I currently get if I required a deposit before I set an appt. It is hard enough to get them to show once. I suppose maybe credit card deposits over the phone may work but most people don't like putting money up front for service type work....:dunno

I think I would lose half of the business I currently get if I required a deposit before I set an appt. It is hard enough to get them to show once. I suppose maybe credit card deposits over the phone may work but most people don't like putting money up front for service type work....:dunno

When you build a good rep they will do it no problem just to make sure they are getting it tinted from you. :dunno

I know its been almost a month since the last comment on this but since the end of November I've only not taken a hand full of deposits. Out of the few I haven't gotten two showed up, the others wouldn't even answer the phone or return a call from the message left.

I think I would lose half of the business I currently get if I required a deposit before I set an appt. It is hard enough to get them to show once. I suppose maybe credit card deposits over the phone may work but most people don't like putting money up front for service type work.... :dunno

Most any friends/acquaintances I have that are service based get 50% down. If I were to start doing flat glass there is no way in hell I even make an appointment let alone order material without half down. I know auto is different but I run a pretty tight schedule and rarely do I take walkins so for me deposits are all but a must.

I am a one man show and I schedule everyone at 8 a.m. so if any one of them is a no show I have the rest of they day to fill that slot. Not much is more satisfying when you have a no show no call and they show up a couple hours later to a parking lot full of cars and you then can tell them "Sorry, when you didn't show I have filled your slot. After 8 a.m. it is first come first serve and I now have all I can do today but if you would like I do still have something available for day after tomorrow or one day next week." I do still try to accomodate those people as soon as possible but no shows no calls get a lower priority.

A no show happened to a mate of mine yesterday...just out from Xmas and our busiest time of the year for downunder.

He rang the number, husband answered, he tried to find out what happened to her and he never rang back....arseholes.

Devil :thumbdown

We started taking $25 nonrefundable deposits on Sat appointments about 5 months ago and not one person has not shown up. In the next few months I am going to make all cars dropped off by 9am so I know who shows and who doesn't and if you want a later appointment you will have to leave a deposit.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this