Guest 24/7 Barking dogs tint

Residential home with many barking dogs 24/7.  Owners do not take care of their animals. I can’t find the house to ask them to take care of their barking dogs.  The poor dog is out of the house in the rain, 115 degree weather and it’s very sad. I need soundproof and to tint my bedroom windows due to extreme heat during the day.  Need quote. I even have black out drapes and they stopped working.  My number is :: 951-330-9906. My name is Kim.  I really hope this tinting works?  It gets so hot in my bedroom and then the barking dog noises.   Thank you for the quote.  I have 2 standard windows.  I hope that makes sense?

18 hours ago, Guest 24/7 Barking dogs tint said:

Residential home with many barking dogs 24/7.  Owners do not take care of their animals. I can’t find the house to ask them to take care of their barking dogs.  The poor dog is out of the house in the rain, 115 degree weather and it’s very sad. I need soundproof and to tint my bedroom windows due to extreme heat during the day.  Need quote. I even have black out drapes and they stopped working.  My number is :: 951-330-9906. My name is Kim.  I really hope this tinting works?  It gets so hot in my bedroom and then the barking dog noises.   Thank you for the quote.  I have 2 standard windows.  I hope that makes sense?

Window Tint will fix the heat problems, but not the sound.  Sound had to be blocked or absorbed by "mass". Soundproof glass works because of the thickness of it. Same with soundproof foam.  It absorbs sound when it travels through the foam.    

Window tint does not have the mass necessary to be functional as a sound deadening device.  

On 1/4/2020 at 11:23 AM, Bham said:

Window Tint will fix the heat problems, but not the sound.  Sound had to be blocked or absorbed by "mass". Soundproof glass works because of the thickness of it. Same with soundproof foam.  It absorbs sound when it travels through the foam.    

Window tint does not have the mass necessary to be functional as a sound deadening device.  

Most of the sound deadning material out there has multiple angles and depth contours that absorb different wavelengths of sound. 

Lately the OEM auto mfrs have been using laminated glass instead of tempered to make the cabin of their cars more quiet. For a retrofit  soundproofing measure..PPF can be used and it's actually pretty effective. 

13 minutes ago, TomTint said:

Most of the sound deadning material out there has multiple angles and depth contours that absorb different wavelengths of sound. 

Lately the OEM auto mfrs have been using laminated glass instead of tempered to make the cabin of their cars more quiet. For a retrofit  soundproofing measure..PPF can be used and it's actually pretty effective. 

Yes sir, the laminate essentially keeps the glass from resonating or vibrating.  Also being a plastic material the extra layer will scatter sound waves (a bit).  

BUT, Not very effective for direct sound waves such as radios or sirens but slightly more effective than plain glass.  It keeps down road noise but a lot of that noise is due to vibration and wind travel not direct sound waves.  

I just don't see it being very effective for dogs barking without A LOT of it being used.  Hence,, more mass.  :twocents    

Edited by Bham

6 minutes ago, Bham said:

Yes sir, the laminate essentially keeps the glass from resonating or vibrating.  Also being a plastic material the extra layer will scatter sound waves (a bit).  

BUT, Not very effective for direct sound waves such as radios or sirens but slightly more effective than plain glass.  It keeps down road noise but a lot of that noise is due to vibration and wind travel not direct sound waves.  

I just don't see it being very effective for dogs barking without A LOT of it being used.  Hence,, more mass.  :twocents    

Different sounds resonate at different frequencies. I have no idea what the science is behind any of them. I would suspect that what is being used in OE auto is engineered to mitigate wind and other low frequency noises. But probably not sirens or horns that are high frequency and DB.