08 Altima Coupe BG help!

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Are you using slip tac at all? I've have had trouble with TB sticking to matrices. You'll get zigzags when you shrink fingers. It also looks like this cause he heats the whole area and not pushing it down. Did the film shrink and lay down but curls a little? If so this is ok to install.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shrink with powder so i dont shrink a little then smooth it, i can look at the film and tell when its properly shrunk. It really all depends on how you go about shrinking. I dont normally start in the corners but if i have a glass where the corners are giving me grief then thats what i tackle first. Have you ever tried really good shrinking films like suntek,johnson, and llumar? If not i suggest you get some samples and see what you been missing..

I don't know how many times I've pulled off a difficult BG, only b/c I was using Suntek. Not that it can't be done with True black, but when shrinking films like TB and QDP, theres no room for error. If you under shrink or over shrink the film your SOL. With suntek you can be all over the place and it still comes out fine.

Guest matt5983

I shrink with powder so i dont shrink a little then smooth it, i can look at the film and tell when its properly shrunk. It really all depends on how you go about shrinking. I dont normally start in the corners but if i have a glass where the corners are giving me grief then thats what i tackle first. Have you ever tried really good shrinking films like suntek,johnson, and llumar? If not i suggest you get some samples and see what you been missing..

I don't know how many times I've pulled off a difficult BG, only b/c I was using Suntek. Not that it can't be done with True black, but when shrinking films like TB and QDP, theres no room for error. If you under shrink or over shrink the film your SOL. With suntek you can be all over the place and it still comes out fine.

:thumb........suntek has saved my backside a few times......the video is also how i tint, just like him i dont press it down.

The zig zags are were ur shrinking it ok and it will look crinkled without pressing it down........he does the corners exactly how i do mine and not had one beat me yet, i hav'nt done a beetle :D

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Yea I completed a beetle last week. First attempt ever, came out perfect. Now this little car I had such a hassle with. I have a G8 GT in the shop right now I;m about to go work on.

Is the goal to start shrinking in the middle and work out, Or start along the edge and shrink in? This BG looks super easy to do though. I'm just curious on how a shrink should be started.

Yea I completed a beetle last week. First attempt ever, came out perfect. Now this little car I had such a hassle with. I have a G8 GT in the shop right now I;m about to go work on.

Is the goal to start shrinking in the middle and work out, Or start along the edge and shrink in? This BG looks super easy to do though. I'm just curious on how a shrink should be started.

I start on the sides if its your average bg, but latley start in the middle when they have alot of curve. Just think about it like this, if you start in the middle, there will be less film once you get to the edge (where the most shrinking is needed).

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

See this is the type of advice I need! That makes perfect sense to me. I was trying to watch videos and see where people were starting their shrink, and 9 times out of 10 it was on the outside.

What about laying the film down with my hand. That video posted above, the tint laid down as if he pressed it with his hand. Mine shrinks, and looks good, but doesn't lay that flat. Any idea's on that?

See this is the type of advice I need! That makes perfect sense to me. I was trying to watch videos and see where people were starting their shrink, and 9 times out of 10 it was on the outside.

What about laying the film down with my hand. That video posted above, the tint laid down as if he pressed it with his hand. Mine shrinks, and looks good, but doesn't lay that flat. Any idea's on that?

Trick photography, the fim in the video isnt laid flat like he smoothed it down just looks that way...

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Gotcha! I took a video of me shrinking at G8 GT tonight! I'm gunna upload it and then I'll post it for you guys to look at and see if I can do anything differently

Archived