Spray On Window Tint?

I recently had a customer who told me he was in Chicago at a tint shop that was spraying some sort of tint onto car windows on a few lambos and porsches and was curious if I could do it. I've never heard of anyone doing this, anyone know about this? Even if it was being done, I'm pretty sure itd be tough to do inside of a car lol.

Then about 4 days after this, I had another customer who was at another shop and saw the same thing!

Haven't see that in years.. I believe it is/was callled "Flow On" tinting...basically it was not a durable product, the last vehicle I encountered with it was a 78 Corvette about 20 years ago, it was just on the rear glass, the customer wanted it re-tinted because the flow on tint had formed squiggly cracks/lines all along the rear defroster lines and there were several clear "rub throughs" from cargo rubbing on the glass. It was easy to remove with a regular razor blade on the open areas and steel wool on the defroster lines. Honestly surprised to hear anyone is offering that these days, seems like a come back nightmare in the making..would be interested to hear what kind of warranty (if any) they offer because its certainly not durable enough to withstand the action of roll up windows.

Edited by Robnelp