Spray On Window Tint?

Back in the day :passout

Man back in the day that stuff was the :shiz

I used to watch people remove flow on tints from big flat glass using oven cleaner, ammonia..... you name it trying to get it off! I would spray the stuff with soapy water, cover it with plastic (before we had liners) and go take a break... after a short it comes off in huge pieces cause there is no glue. Customer would freak if some water got on the floor until I told them it was organic! I made more a sq removing that stuff than I do after expenses a sq installing film today. Bet ya that Mark at Valiant has got bottles full of it still stuck somewhere. Back in the day when all this tinting was just getting started he was already the go to guy!

Can't imagine anyone professional flowing on cars anymore. Customers might have seen um spraying soapy water and just figured :lol6

Guest mr3y1956

Back in the day :passout

Man back in the day that stuff was the :shiz

I used to watch people remove flow on tints from big flat glass using oven cleaner, ammonia..... you name it trying to get it off! I would spray the stuff with soapy water, cover it with plastic (before we had liners) and go take a break... after a short it comes off in huge pieces cause there is no glue. Customer would freak if some water got on the floor until I told them it was organic! I made more a sq removing that stuff than I do after expenses a sq installing film today. Bet ya that Mark at Valiant has got bottles full of it still stuck somewhere. Back in the day when all this tinting was just getting started he was already the go to guy!

Can't imagine anyone professional flowing on cars anymore. Customers might have seen um spraying soapy water and just figured :lol6

"Flow Coat" was "Glass Tinting". There were lots of color choices and in that era the glass in store fronts were much larger than today so they could be tinted seamlessly. You couldn't install in direct sunlight, you couldn't install on a rainy day because of condensation. After you completed a window, someone with tweezers would have to stand guard for insect patrol. Window Films were so much easier and faster to install I quit selling Flow Coat.

The Window Film business has had it's challenges and still does. For Guys like Stan and myself, it's hard to imagine doing anything else.

After all these years, I have a profound appreciation for Stan who continues to pour his life skills into new guys eagerly wanting knowledge.

I'm trusting 2012 will be a great year for all of our Families and our Businesses.

Thanks for an awesome year.

Be Blessed,

M.R.

I say it is BS that anyone is doing a spray on tint on cars....heard it many times but never have seen it.

I have also heard tales of people getting windows "dipped" but never seen any of those either...

I seen it on a auto like 20 years ago, it was on a 2 dr 1976 old's cuttlass, I had to do the pass door, the color was bronze and it looked real good.

Flow on film is still made and sold today.

Although I can no longer find the product I used back in 87?, it actually was a great product that had great tint qualities when properly applied. I really wish I could still find the stuff.

I used a dark gold tint that offered excellent visibility from within while very thoroughly blocking the view in from outside... At the time they had maybe 6-10 tints available & I can't vouch for the quality of the other tint shades I didn't use but the one I used was great!!

Really a shame its become impossible to find any longer, I'd definitely stockpile the stuff if someone found a batch of nos.