Establishing credit with film companies - how?

Not sure if this belongs in the Shop Management section or not.... sorry if it should be there. :(

I have a question about getting net terms with film companies. I was told that I need credit references... well, since I'm just starting out, and I don't have and other references from other companies I deal with (I pretty much only deal with the tool company when I need something) how the heck do you establish what they need in order to give you net terms?!?!?! :thumbdown

Thanks!!

RoAcH

In that case you will need to furnish personal credit references for them. Name of your bank w/ acct. #'s & so forth.

Your best bet is to open a low rate business card & let the film co. keep that on file so whenever you order anything they automatically bill the card & no c.o.d. charges.

I use a debit visa that comes out of my checking acct. so that I won't have a huge monthly credit card bill, but I had to work up to that point so I could afford to do it.

Good luck, sounds like your off to a great start :thumbdown

Guest tintslut

Getting a credit card, and using it for business purposes is waaay easier.

Funny how a certain company that took my checks back in the 80's,and shuffled me to a different distributor , then back again, wouldnt take a check without

filling out a credit app.

Very liberal , no pressure terms with a new comer company. They just gave me

30 days without asking for anything, gotta love it :thumbdown

Archived