2011 sonata static radio after tint

doug g

I do the local Hyundai dealer and do a ton of these new Sonatas. For the first time i had a customer come back and complain that he has static on both fm/am. More with the am but when he gets out in the counrty a little fm seems to fade aslo.

The car has the little shark antenna on the out side for the fm but the am is in the backwindow.

I have only seem this 2 other times of a dodge vehicle where the antenna is on the inside of the glass. In both times i replaced the film with a defferant manufacture and the prob went away.

I have recently switched to Johnson Marathon line and was wondering if anyone else has had this isuue with the vehicle or with the fim. I also can get my hand on Llumar (i believe there htr/which ever one is metalized) but do you think this will solve this?

Any input is appreciated.

never ran into this problem at all with p/p or atr.. only would think that maybe there is something like a loose connection.. if i remember there is a connection behind the rear passenger panel next to the glass. good luck would also check for any after market satelite, bluetooth and or any other devices like a i-pod cable... fm- modulator..something like that is what i would be checking first

Archived