Thinking of adding detailing - equipment?

I'm not planning on doing any detailing at all. We do tinting and electronics now, and are a dealer of Griot's Garage products, so we just get lots of "car people". I'm thinking of hiring someone to detail and man the shop on days I'm at class and can't be there. Besides the chemicals, buffers, and steamer, what kinds of equipment do you guys think is necessary to get this going? Thanks

I've seen people expect miracles of detailers at previous shops.

Of course, I've seen some miracles performed as well, but not as much.

I guess the most important equipment would be a detail "god".

Or at least one that won't burn paint. :spit

I have been doing detailing for a few years and the biggest expense (in my opinion) is when you buy a new MYTEE brand hot water carpet extractor. do some shopping around before you buy one though.......when I looked around prices were from $750 up to $1600 for the identical same model machine (brand new). it will take a few details to pay off the bill for an extractor but they are great!!!!! I think that would be the biggest expense. also......the best tool I have ever found while detailing is a pumice stone for removing fuzz/fuzzballs off of seats. cheap ones wear down easy, good ones last a long time

Make sure you get the Tornador Black tool. Its $199 but youll thank me later. Trust me. We do tint and detail among other things and the tornador almost cuts out time in half. Especially if you use the right chemicals in it.

Archived