CX-400 problems

Guest 7m34life

Guest 7m34life

I currently use a Roland CX-400 plotter to cut my film. The plotter has worked fine until about 2 months ago I didn't pay attention to how little film I had on the roll and it sucked to plastic roll up and hit the head and jammed the machine. Now when I do longer cuts around 50"-60" it will feed about 3" out and jams and says power off error. I can get around that by going ahead and feeding out how much film I'll need and feeding it back in that way it doesn't have the tension of pulling it off the roll. This morning I went to make a cut with it and it keeps on getting my film wadded up and tearing the film as it's cutting. I run it on 15 cm/s and 120gf on the force just like I always have. The only thing I can think of is last night I was wiping it down and might have moved the manual pen force adjustment on the front of the machine. I did make several test cuts while adjusting the pen force but it's steel screwing up my film. I've already wasted around $100 worth of film by trying to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

What settings do you run your plotter on??

THANKS

Does it give you an error code?

you can try to do a master reset on it. See if it clears it up . hold down left arrow, right arrow, origin and power on. It will prompt you to reset eeprom, press enter. You will have to cycle the power and then reset all the force and speed. This factory defaults the machine so all the parameters are reset.

MOTOR ERROR

6-1 TROUBLESHOOTING

Replace CARRAIGE CABLE.

Replace the CARRIAGE ASSEMBLY.

NO

YES

YES

YES

Replace U31 on MAIN BOARD ASS'Y.

Adjust Tool Pressure

Replace the CARRIAGE ASSEMBLY.

Is there cut-line or bad contact in

CARRIAGE CABLE?

Is carraige solenoid OK?

Is there cut-line in solenoid wire?

NO

Is SOLENOID DRIVER IC OK?

YES

Is Tool Pressure adjusted correctly?

NO

NO

NO

YES

Is the Solonoid wire connected correctly? Connect the Solenoid wire.

NO

Adjust MOTOR BALANCE.

Replace F2/F3 on POWER BOARD.

NO

NO

NO

NO

Replace U10/U11 on POWER BOARD.

Is MOTOR BALANCE adjusted correctly?

Is the FUSE blown up?

Is MOTOR DRIVER IC OK?

YES

YES

NO

Is MOTOR CONTROLLER IC OK? Replace U7/U8 on POWER BOARD.

NO

YES

Is +15V regulator IC OK? Replace U14 on POWER BOARD.

YES

NO

Is -15V regulator IC OK? Replace U15 on POWER BOARD.

NO

YES

Is POWER BOARD OK? Replace POWER BOARD.

YES

NO

Is MOTOR OK? Replace the MOTOR.

Archived