2004 Legacy Outback wagon

Guest Guest

I'm having a heck of a time tinting this hatch window. I have messed up 2 pieces of film. The film I'm working with is security film. It's 4 mil thick. Is that why its such a pain? Dry shrinking is impossible with this film. Wet shrinking is much better but no matter what I do I can't get it to conform to the window. Eventually I burn it because I get impatient. I have never worked with tint this thick before. It's proving to be a nightmare! Thank god this is my personal car and not a customers car. I would change film but all the other Windows are done and dry.

Yeah. Repost this in "general". I don't get why to security film on a car, but a couple guys here do a lot more than that.

My guess is a little lower heat and a lot longer time spent.

Are you in Mehico? Venezuala? Security film won't keep those JL's in the trunk! :spit

Guest jlaudio_tint

I live in Illinois in the middle of the country. I can set the subs on my roof and $100 bills in the seat with the doors unlocked and it will all be there in the morning. I bought it because the price was right and we wanted to give it a try. I have always worked with thin film and wanted to try something different. I already prefer the thin stuff but its too late. I don't like to mix brands of film so I'm going to figure this out.

I like the idea that the film is thick so if it breaks it will all come out in one piece. Also it would be nice in an accident not to have glass flying everywhere.

Archived