Tint Tek- List of Patterns that need adjusting

tint103

I havnt tried, I'll play around with it a bit later and see, I don't see why not

Edited by TintWizard

Guest aaronsautoacc

Has anyone had any problems with the front door window top edges. I am new to using this software and plotter. Using TT 20/20 with a GCC Jaguar IV plotter. When it cuts the front windows the gap on the top edge comes down toward the middle of the  curve and back up making an 1/8" gap at the center of the top edge but at each top corner the film is right at the edge. Don't know if it is the software or the plotter? Done this on several diff vehicles, 13 Civic, 13 CRV, 11 Rogue. Called TT and they were checking the pattern to make sure it isn't off. Even had this problem on the little back side roll up of an F150 and the top edge on that is straight. Tint curved down then back up on that too. I just hand cut it instead.  

Has anyone had any problems with the front door window top edges. I am new to using this software and plotter. Using TT 20/20 with a GCC Jaguar IV plotter. When it cuts the front windows the gap on the top edge comes down toward the middle of the  curve and back up making an 1/8" gap at the center of the top edge but at each top corner the film is right at the edge. Don't know if it is the software or the plotter? Done this on several diff vehicles, 13 Civic, 13 CRV, 11 Rogue. Called TT and they were checking the pattern to make sure it isn't off. Even had this problem on the little back side roll up of an F150 and the top edge on that is straight. Tint curved down then back up on that too. I just hand cut it instead.  

I called tint tek today to purchase it but i was told it woundnt work so great with windows xp. I have flexi, corel, and vmx rip and it worked fine. so i went out today and bought a new pc. It could be Xp if thats what ur computer has

...dude do you really think the list will ever end lol , theres always gonna be patterns that you don't like but no one else has complained about. TT is not going to change it for just you...trust me been there. You'll have to save your own and remember for next time, im just saying.

He is absolutely right!   What you may find is too small or large another person might find fits perfectly.   For the most part unless light is showing it fits although many feel its too small.   Panel pullers will want everything larger and tuckers will want them smaller.      Bottom line is there will be a learning/adjustment period that you will have to get past.

To the original poster, while the idea is a very good one.   The problem will be as stated above too many people want it to fit different ways.   You may have somebody say xx needs to be larger and you do it and find out its too big for you.     I will give you the best heads up I can with the software.   Anything 2002 and down might be a bad pattern so prepare the extra time in case it is.   Remember that back then door gaps where common to be 1/8 and now they are micro edge.   The tighter gap could lead to light showing at the bottom

Only thing I've noticed (other than obviously being able to cut top edges better no matter what... but most typical people/dealers don't notice or care about that) is that sometimes back windows seem to be way larger than they need to be, which can be slightly irritating when installing under side trim/avoiding headliners... I never used to cut my back windows so oversized so I don't get it. But usually it's not an issue at all, sometimes an annoyance, and maybe once so far a problem.

Needless to say, when I did a large dealer's own personal car the other day, I did the side windows by hand because he's fussy. For mini vans and econo boxes... as long as it's clean and no light gaps or exposed edges, good job.