Tint Tek- List of Patterns that need adjusting

tint103

I've got a new Kia Optima back window pattern I'll be submitting that will be a little more "user friendly "

Not sure if this has been submitted yet but current pattern is an 1/8" too narrow as well as rear doors.
I'm not sure if they have or not either

Windshield strips for new Ram's are... interesting.

I haven't seen or used one yet but for the record, it's not my handywork :lol

Phone in if there's something wrong with it and they will make it right :thumb

Windshield strips for new Ram's are... interesting.

I haven't seen or used one yet but for the record, it's not my handywork :lol

Phone in if there's something wrong with it and they will make it right :thumb

I knew it wasn't yours. I can tell in general :lol

I just honestly have no idea what they were thinking, it doesn't make much sense.

On a side note... Why are so many rear windows cut much larger than they need to be? In some cases it causes some issues with installing or can't be done because the edges catch and lift.

Hope all's well on your end Brad.

I know what you mean. The problem they have ( in my opinion is that whoever they train isn't an installer so they don't think like an installer.

When I do a pattern template, I make sure all fingers are eveny distributed for the best shrink before cutting and that there is EQUAL overlap but very very little around the whole perimeter.

I treat each car different knowing that each install is different . I wish I could clone myself and do all the patterns but I only do a few that I get too first .

Yes , all is well , I started a new business completely unrelated to tinting I'm really enjoying :thumb

I had kind of suspected that some of the people making the patterns weren't really installers, at least not on any real scale.

My problem is I never take the time to call if something isn't right... which is bad, I know.

That's awesome, glad things are good!

I think the 2014 Porsche Cayenne is  ford pick up patterns my list is pretty extensive. at this point  i take out all holes in patterns the worst is PATTERNS NOT %$#$#  WRAPPING TO THE END /EDGE OF BUMPERS. I hate it when they leave them 2 inches short of the ends customers always complain so i end up  wasting two hours of my time editing, doing there job.!!.

On 2012-01-21 at 5:21 AM, TintWizard said:

:bingo Tint Pros doesn't matter which system, you'll have something you'll want to change. If your the only person using the system, it's easy because it's changed for you. If your at a tint company where multiple tinters use one program, you can save Different files such as "Joes tint patterns" and "Mary's tint patterns" .

On any tint programmers defense , the problem they face often is that different tinters tint different ways, some trim gaskets on 1/4 windows while others don't. Some tuck rubber while others remove panels. A good example would be Impalas , grand prix, saturns or old style Taurus - some remove the side moulding , some don't . They usually pattern cars based on not trimming or removing which makes sense. I just make the patterns a bit bigger and move on.

If something is way out of whack, just phone Tint Tek up, ask for Cindy or Paul , be descriptive in your change your concerned about, they will look into it : thumb

At least most software programmers make their pattern top edge to be more precise. ,eveny n not off too much. 

Edited by pitubg

Did a ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee last night and the windshield banner fit perfect other than the passenger side, top towards the mirror there is a small black box that needed to be trimmed out to fit. Other than that, so far knock on wood I’ve had good luck with the banners and side windows.