My 2007 Civic Ex Coupe

Guest gotbliss56

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest matt5983

No it's not. With a wide dot matrix I use a vinyl to cover it. Give it 24hrs and then tint the rear window with the tint going over the vinyl on the inside. This way it looks like the whole back glass is tinted and no gaps at all.

Others would glue or sand it but each to there own

Guest matt5983
I think you are wrong...from that inside pic...there is no color change from the matrix up....I think what you are seeing on the outside is the silvering of film because of the dot matrix.

Good spot there slick, I'm on my phone so can't really tell but now you have mentioned it..........

Surly if it was tinted up to the line of the dot matrix you could see the edge of the film :dunno

Guest gotbliss56
1zb9z7b.jpg Okay so... I am wrong although you can see the line there is film on the dot matrix. I could feel it, but the color is still off... anything that can be done?

Guest matt5983

Ah ha we have a winner.

That's called silvering were the film cannot be sat between the dots. The only thing the tinter has done wrong is not told you this will happen.

It's one thing we try to get right and many ways we try to do it but it's not always except able.

When there as wide as yours I do what I said in my earlier post. BUT this costs extra money !

the line is caused because the dots are raised off the glass, causing a "tent-like" effect with the tint. You can wait until it dries and on a warm day, push the tint down as I can see you did with your finger in that one spot....but even then, you are going to have air space trapped around the dots (as you can see where you pushed them). I have tried those dots with vinyl and have never been happy with the results. If I were you, I would just leave the tint the way it is....everybody else that has those Civic's tinted have the same issue.

If you want to complain to someone, complain to Honda for putting the stupid dots there in the first place.

Archived