My 2007 Civic Ex Coupe

Guest gotbliss56

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"caused a break" and "scraped off" are to totally different things.

can you get a better pic of where the break is? And are you sure they worked before? After all, this is a 5 year old car...they could have had the break in them before and you just are noticing it now because your eye is so close to the glass.

Well there you go...at least he admitted it. Not hard to do damage to a defroster....just takes a bit of grit in a scrub pad. I have even seen ppl nick defroster lines with a piece of grit in their paper towel. It was for that exact reason that when I started in the automotive industry as a car cleaner about 25 yrs ago...they always taught us to clean back glass in a back and forth motion....not up and down.

Duuno how you would wanna handle that, but you do have to remember that he gave you a discount for the 2 cars....which is far better than I would have done. :trustme

As far as your options a, b, c??? I would pick D. Looks you got a par job for that vehicle (accept for the defroster part) Re-doing it won't make a difference. :twocents

Guest matt5983
Well there you go...at least he admitted it. Not hard to do damage to a defroster....just takes a bit of grit in a scrub pad. I have even seen ppl nick defroster lines with a piece of grit in their paper towel. It was for that exact reason that when I started in the automotive industry as a car cleaner about 25 yrs ago...they always taught us to clean back glass in a back and forth motion....not up and down.

Duuno how you would wanna handle that, but you do have to remember that he gave you a discount for the 2 cars....which is far better than I would have done.

As far as your options a, b, c??? I would pick D. Looks you got a par job for that vehicle (accept for the defroster part) Re-doing it won't make a difference.

Completely agree

Ok...where I have the arrow...is that where you are talking about him scraping off the defroster?

defrost.jpg

:dunno

I dont think there was ever a line there. thats the seperation between the defroster grid and the antennae so I dont know what you got the guy to admit. plus ive never seen a newer hondas defrost line come off from cleaningand ive done some pretty gnarly scrubbing before on these.

Everytime I give a deal for 2 vehicles ill get some crap happen like this, like its our fault the tint wont stick to the dots! Granted ill make it look the best I can with vinyl but yeah im going to charge you for the vinyl also.. Gave a good deal on 2 vehicles the other week and it has been a headache with them ever since,some ppl you just arent gonna please..

actually im all but certain there was never a line there, so you might want to stick to whining I mean complaining about the dots.

:facepalm There never was a line there....that is why I was asking if that was the spot he was talking about....and he later stated that no, that is not the spot he was talking about.

Archived