Cop's Angle On Tint Laws

rorschach

You guys wont believe this one! I was pulling into the school parking lot yesterday and got pulled over. Reason being that he thought my front windows were tinted, but they aren't. He put his little meter on it and it read 74. He was in shock as to what to do so all he said was "well uhh the back ones made the fronts look dark..... sooo uhh have a nice day." Most ridiculous thing I've ever witnessed LOL

He does have a point. putting 05% on the back half of car will make a 30% film on the front appear darker cause less light is coming from the back

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The L.E up here goes through phases where they will pull everyone over that has window film. The ticket generates 250.00 plus court costs, 100.00 +/- I believe they should ticket everyone that is illegal, the safety is for the driver the public as well as the officer. However the double standard is what bothers me. Many of the crusers here as well as the state cars are tinted well beyond what is legal, in Mass they do not have any special exemptions beyond what any civilian has. The only ones that are allowed are K9 units.

My point was, although many laws appear to be for our safety, the illegal deed is not eliminated for revenue purposes and the ability to stop someone with no other cause than a small and insignificant legal technicality, which most Leo's don't even understand!

I love how they dont even know the law, they had the 28% on the front doors right but they tried to say 18% on the back, the law is 15% on the back of cars and 5% on the back of MPV's and that also has a +/- 3%. Love how the one guy said you can paint the rear facing window. What an idiot

Saw a news clip the other day where a guy walks into the lobby of a police station wielding a knife. Dispatch officer while pointing his pistol at the guy, ordered him to drop the knife; the guy did not and continued to wander aimlessly about. Two other officers burst in and the guy gets tazzed.

Dispatch officer reportedly said, 'I feared for my life'. He was standing behind a chest high counter with sliding glass panels HOLDING A GUN! This is a testament to just how soft our society seems to have gotten; friggin cop skeered for his life while holding a gun.

They sign up knowing the job has risks and any walk up to a dark tinted car at night should not be treated any different than walking up to a dwelling with no visibility inside; get on the horn/pa and call them out, flip on the bright lights, pull a pistol, get back up and grow a V.

As Betty White said, we'll tell someone to grow some ballz, but they're just soft and sensitive; try growing a V, now there's someting that takes a pounding. Officers need grow a V!

Guest auroragraphics

Ive been pulled over for a license plate hanging a little off center, got a warning and no ticket so im sure it is the discretion of the policeman.http://www.auroragraphics.org/

Guest filmslayer

As Betty White said, we'll tell someone to grow some ballz, but they're just soft and sensitive; try growing a V, now there's someting that takes a pounding. Officers need grow a V!

:lol6

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

I came across a forum for police officers discussing the Florida tint law. Thought it was interesting (and a bit scary).

There are ways to virtually eliminate, or at least drastically reduce illegal window tinting (yearly inspections or harsh penalties to the installer) but it is tolerated enough so they can stop you when they want to, and not have to worry about violating your personal liberties.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I just paranoid...

Another good reason to stay legal

http://forums.office...window-tint-law

staying legal is no guarantee either.. got pulled over couple years ago with perfectly legal tint and all he could say was "have a good day" once he metered it..

Yeah, there was a case of some guy who was pulled over for "illegal" window tint. I forget the details but let's just say he was from Florida and he was driving through Georgia. Georgia cops pulled him over for illegal window tinting and found a massive amount of /\/\4R1jU4|\|4 in his vehicle. His tinting was legal for Florida, which makes it legal for him to drive through other states without citation. Anyway, he was arrested and fought his drug conviction on the basis that we was stopped illegaly. The court found that even if a cop simply "believes" that something is illegal he has PC to initiate a stop, whether it is in fact illegal or the cop is simply ignorant of the law.

So.. bow down and obey ye peasants

Got pulled over the other week here in PA for my tint and was given a warning. Upon taking it in to show I removed the tint, the officer said that even the vehicles from out of state, where their vehicle is legally tinted, can still get a fine or a warning for passing through our state. He said the cars from out of state still have to follow the laws of the state they are in. Is this true then?

Archived