Employee Salary?

1099 is to your benefit. I won't put any tinter on payroll (w2) until they can prove there worthy of it imo. 1099 for atleast 6 months - 1 yr. Although the law states their an employee if they are scheduled to show up everyday vs. "as needed" but w2 costs the employer :money & sets them up to collect unemployment if you terminate and trust me they'll get it. We offer paid vaca and sick days to the right employees, no health as of yet.

Thank you for the response... How much do you pay them? Do you pay per hour or commission? If you pay commission how do u calculate their work?

1099 is to your benefit. I won't put any tinter on payroll (w2) until they can prove there worthy of it imo. 1099 for atleast 6 months - 1 yr. Although the law states their an employee if they are scheduled to show up everyday vs. "as needed" but w2 costs the employer :money & sets them up to collect unemployment if you terminate and trust me they'll get it. We offer paid vaca and sick days to the right employees, no health as of yet.

Guest shadeking

In my experience working for someone else commission was the way to go. It benefits you and the employer. How so? Well they will want to work faster to make more money naturally. If they mess up, they have to fix the problem and wont be on the clock while fixing it. Hopefully you can hire people who make little to no mistakes anyway. An hourly employee will work slow because they make the same money no matter what.

If you run your shop as a 1099, many issues here. I suggest instead of gathering extremely important information like this on the net, seek an accountant for advice.

If you ever get a visit by "Iris" you will be paying through the shorts if not done correctly

If you run your shop as a 1099, many issues here. I suggest instead of gathering extremely important information like this on the net, seek an accountant for advice.

If you ever get a visit by "Iris" you will be paying through the shorts if not done correctly

:mdog Bingo.

"1099 guy" won't pay his taxes. If they investigate and find he was an employee, YOU will be on the hook.

Do your payroll taxes right and just pocket some of the cash jobs if you wanna cheat on taxes.

Archived