SunTek Carbon

Have be thinking of adding this to our lineup, but the research I did last year led me to tales of fish eyes, pinkish hue, and a horrible scratch coat. Have they ironed any of those issues out? Overall opinion on the carbon line would be great too.

I called a rep about selling it, and asked how they would recommend to upsale it, my sales lady responded with "Tell them its Carbon"....I am gonna need more than that I believe lol. I am turning to my tintards to help me out :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy with it. Shrinks really nice, looks good from outside, and haven't had any complaints with any pinkish look. I have it on my vehicle and don't have any issues. I do find it scratches pretty easy still but as long as you keep squeegees clean and wrap your hard you'll have no problems. Carbon is all I use

She's not kidding with the "tell'em its carbon" line.. People around here just get excited with that word.. Have no clue why it just sounds cool I guess.. We've been using it for 3yrs now and not too many problems..1 or 2 rolls (I think it was only 1) we were having a glue issue but no questions asked they replaced the roll completely next day air too..It is a little hazy the first few days and goes away..Scratch coat does really suck but has gotten better..but still sucks.. You get used to it and just pay attention more.. I think they've recently changed their glue and release liner though.. But for the better the liner does feel a little stiffer and glue seems a lot more aggressive.. All and all I've been very happy with the line and the customer service..And a great range of VLT's to choose from..

I scratch lulu just as easy as suntek..ive tried alot of different films lately and believe it or not I think maxpro and viper have the best hardcoat ive used in a long time. I always go back to suntek though, guess it just fits me best I cant quite say :dunno

I'm happy with it. Shrinks really nice, looks good from outside, and haven't had any complaints with any pinkish look. I have it on my vehicle and don't have any issues. I do find it scratches pretty easy still but as long as you keep squeegees clean and wrap your hard you'll have no problems. Carbon is all I use

X2.. Adhesive is crazy strong, use more slip. Looks sleek from the outside and has a hint of a green hue looking out.. Give it a try!

Guest juliet

hi kari! I personally really like their carbon line, it still scratches, but clean squeeges and towels on hard card takes care of it. I guess we have the upper hand here, because it requires a little more delicasy, and the word "carbon" really works! I don't understand it but it does.....hope it helps a little towards ur decision...

Forgive me if I am wrong. But it just doesn't sound right if you are having scratch issues, clarity issues, and other things with a product, why keep using it? If the SR is scratching during installation, would it not keep scratching when customers roll the windows up and down? Just sayin.

There are so many more products out there that are better but lessor will known and you won't be losing money handling warranty work.

Archived