A novice trying to learn a GX 640

GTint

Hi guy's.

Please excuse if I'm rambling on a bit.

I'm a novice in the vinyl side of films.

I purchased a GX 640 to play with and to eventually try and expand my window tinting business in other areas.

I'm running "Vinyl Master Expt" edition. Does anyone else use this software or have used it?

I like it so far as I'ts been pretty easy for me to learn basic vinyl cutting.

Importing images/logos etc.. tracing, cleaning them up and really only doing the basic sort of stuff with ready images.

I want to get more advanced now and try to learn how to create things myself from scratch.

Example being where I found a 40+ year old crappy set of Shelby G.T. 350 side stripes. So far it has taken me many hours of pain staking time to perfect the G.T.350 lettering and that's by finding a similar font and then modifying it a bit. Now its the actual stripes (thin - thick - thin) I have to do and put it all together.

After that would be a hockey stick type stripe or a tappered type stripe and this is where I really get stuck.

What would be the best way to create, thin - thick - thin lines running together then curve or even come to a point whilst maintaining perfect even gaps?

This is all probably easy stuff but I really dont know how to begin practicing?

I have been told to learn Adobe Illustrator. Is this the ultimate and whats the best way to learn using it without having to go to school?

If anyone can give me advice on this topic, It would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

GTint

Archived