How much to charge for removal

For the fist time in 3 years I have a customer that wants tint removed. What's the going rate? 15 20$ a window. As for the rear idk if I wanna touch it

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm usually too expensive because your basically sacrificing the time to do another tiny job - id rather do the other tint job :lol unless a slower time of tr, then the work is welcomed :DD

my price is 50% of the tinting price IF they are tinting it again and 100% of my tinting price if they are just getting it removed.

Like said, bag the back glass....I found a pretty good video on youtube before on it....

Any way you look at it removing film is never a fun job.

I have always felt like if you install window film, then you will be asked to remove film as well. Charging as much to remove film as you would to install film seems a bit high to me.

For starters you don't have any real money in removing film, it's all labor.

If you are not retinting the windows, then the windows only need to be pretty clean. Not nearly as clean as they would have to be to retint the windows.

I usually am only ever asked to R&R so the cleaning has to be perfect, I agree, if it's removal only, then a more reasonable price.

I agree with tinwiz, I charge what ever id make on tinting a car, because sometimes it takes longer to do a removal than it does to tint a car. I gotta take the seals out or doors off to get all the glue off beneath the rubbers and dont get me started on some back windows where you gotta get alll the glue off in the corners and u can barely get your hand in there or the brake light is in the way. now u gotta pull a rear deck. screw that !! I charge alot because I dont want the work in the first place. if they do want me to do it then damn rights their gonna have to pay me for my time. on the other hand if I can steam the film off rather easily then thats the only time I wont charge as much, it doesnt work on high performance / metalized films at all so thats where I would charge more

on the other hand if I can steam the film off rather easily then thats the only time I wont charge as much, it doesnt work on high performance / metalized films at all so thats where I would charge more

from where I am from, it is less common for car owners to change tint because most don't drive the same car for too long. For such customers, business is so competitive that removal is nearly free, so long they tint with us.

Bagging or industrial (dry cleaning) steamer, otherwise for those windows with no surface components such as antennae or deforster grid, you can simply razor blade the stuff off in bits and pieces.

My charge generally is 50-75% the cost of installation as a comparison.

Archived