How much to charge for removal

Guest davenyctint

Here in NYC, we chg $30-$35 per window. The back would cost about $75-$90. If it's the purple garbage, we don't even want to touch it.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tint removal is harder work than tinting. I don't want to do removal. I charge the way I do as the time is about the same on average to tint as to remove. When doing R & R then I don't charge as much as I am already going to be scrubbing the glass that final clean.

I have been paid well for the last removals I have done since I changed my pricing. Did the whole "per hour" thing, but just didn't like explaining to the customers that it could take 3 hours to remove a back glass or it might come off quick. Most pay when they drop off and now they know how much it will cost....

which has a higher risk of damaging glass? Heat shrinking or Film removal?

Tempered or laminated? Heat shrinking dry or wet? Heat shrinking dry on tempered? Heat shrinking wet on tempered? Dry or wet on laminated? Removal by bagging it or steaming it? Maybe you meant by scraping it? Are we factoring laminated or tempered into the removal bye means of scraping, steaming or bagging? How hot or cold is air before, after during heat shrinking, bagging, steaming, scraping on tempered or laminated glass? Does tempered or laminated have defroste...........never mind.

My answer :

D) not enough information

Guest Chris91Z28

$60/ hour with a minmum half hour. Steam 'em in the winter, bag 'em in the summer.At least that's how it seems to work around here.

I'm usually too expensive because your basically sacrificing the time to do another tiny job - id rather do the other tint job :lol unless a slower time of tr, then the work is welcomed :DD

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Devil

X10 :thumb

Archived