2012 300C

Guest volumedude

Guest volumedude

I thought I'd make a contribution about the 300c I did last night. pulled the panels off. two screws in the rear (behind the door latch and under a cover inside the armrest). one more screw on the front panels inside a little bumper toward the rear of the car and one plastic clip.

no problem with doors. make sure you cut your tint large enough on the rollies because they shift.

ran into some problems with the back glass. super thick defrosting lines that cause some peanuts and ugly finish on the line edges. picked up a little bit of dust putting the film in place. overall not pleased with the result I delivered. I think a car like that would be a good candidate for that roll on technique some of the guys talk about. I should experiment some time, I was taught the zombie walk long time ago and its hard for an old dog to learn new tricks.

this site is a fantastic resource base. thanks to you all.

Just did one today and got my ass kicked. back glass was super easy no problems. The door were a pain in the balls. And the stupied clips that hold the window gasket in place. Who came up with that bright idea. 1/4 were easy also.

sorry boys, but i cant agree. im in aus but their all imports here anyway im sure of it. anyway, back glass is small in a tight spot but shrinks easy and sticks well, demisters arent great but never get peanuts. however, those doors ate me alive. cant do it with trims on, tried half peeling and couldnt get it. tried pulling the trims off, came off easy enough but took me about 30 mins to get the bloody thing back on, and a few those of those stupid clips went walkabout for good across the shop. could someone please tell me how they get these back on with the rubber in and those clips? may be a silly question to u american boys but we dont get these much in here and ive just started with a chrysler dealer so need some help with these, maybe if someone can direct me or help us out with a tutorial video please?

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

I just did a 2012 last night and didn't have any issues. A little dust under the rear film, and I noticed the rollies sliding a little. But my tint was big enough to cover. Over all I thought it was a super easy car.

Archived