customer rubbed the film to check for dirt

Guest fredstinting

Guest fredstinting

last monday we were installing johnson dn 20 on about 32 windows in this customer home. 80% of the job was done when I went back to check one of the bedrooms that I had already tinted and I saw the customer with his hand on the glass . Customer sees me and tells me if he doesn't rubb the film to check for dirt that his wife will when she comes home. I finish the job got paid and went on my way. few days later the customer calls me and tells me I need to come by and take a look at the windows in his sons room it doesn't look right . what I see is that the film is bunched up and stuck to itself in the middle of the window like it moved. what I found out when talking to him is that it happened because he was rubbing the window with his hand checking for dirt behind the film fup the film. once it happen he didn't know what to do to fix the problem . Now he keeps asking me when im going to fix and asking me if I can do it for free.

do I fix it for free to be nice or charge the guy for the film and my time.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you received the phone call you should have asked a few more questions before going back out.

The customer had described what room he thought had an issue with the film, you should have had the right size roll with you if it needed to be replaced then you could have R&R at that time and saved another trip back to the job, unless you use the pre-cut program they offer.

That films adhesive is a DA, I find it hard to believe that it stuck to its self as well as the film had moved enough in the middle to do so.

When you received the phone call you should have asked a few more questions before going back out.

The customer had described what room he thought had an issue with the film, you should have had the right size roll with you if it needed to be replaced then you could have R&R at that time and saved another trip back to the job, unless you use the pre-cut program they offer.

That films adhesive is a DA, I find it hard to believe that it stuck to its self as well as the film had moved enough in the middle to do so.

seems like it would take a lot of force to move the film in that way if it was squeegeed properly.

If it could be moved "in the middle" and stuck to itself as described from someone "rubbing " it you must have limp wristed the install.

If the film was moving in the center you should probably eat your wheaties and treat the replacement install like security film. And go spend some money on Thors Hammer sounds like you need one.

Archived