A ComputerCut Graphic made by Jeff Rutherford in jacksonville, florida

ljr1977

Guest CZtint

Hey guys,

could I ask you few questions? I am very interested in such customs, I was playing with plotter lately, but I was always doing only sign making, never cut window film. Would you mind to give me any directions? I have most problems with knife pressure, I either don't cut whole film, or just cut liner as well, so I have much trouble separating it.

Also, do you use standard transfer film like on sign making?

I'll happy for any advice

So far my attempts were either bad or just very simple.

Cheers in advance,

CZ

Hey guys,

could I ask you few questions? I am very interested in such customs, I was playing with plotter lately, but I was always doing only sign making, never cut window film. Would you mind to give me any directions? I have most problems with knife pressure, I either don't cut whole film, or just cut liner as well, so I have much trouble separating it.

Also, do you use standard transfer film like on sign making?

I'll happy for any advice

So far my attempts were either bad or just very simple.

Cheers in advance,

CZ

The plotter can be a tricky one especially with color tints. They will vary on knife pressure and offset. Best word of advice -- USE YOUR TEST CUT feature before you wreck a sheet of tint. Make sure you blade is sharp and the teflon strip is good.

This link is a good starter. At least gives you an idea of the concept. For complex art you are looking at using paper templates and low tack mask for some of the cut tint. Search out the videos on YouTube by SolarGraphics as well. They are really quite well done, especially the latest ones. Hope that helps CZ.

http://www.coloredfi...nformation.aspx

Guest CZtint

Thanks a lot mate,

I must admit I know that page already, I was looking at the jobyou were doing for auto parts, (red charger and that blue car on other doors) and I was quite fascinated, now I am trying to find someone who stocks my area and I must say that page of yours was very helpful and inspirating.

Thanks a lot for your contribution

Thanks a lot mate,

I must admit I know that page already, I was looking at the jobyou were doing for auto parts, (red charger and that blue car on other doors) and I was quite fascinated, now I am trying to find someone who stocks my area and I must say that page of yours was very helpful and inspirating.

Thanks a lot for your contribution

Your Welcome!

I just posted the job I'm on now in the subscribers area. Check it out. I'm jumping up and down for how that one is turning out. :)

Archived