F350 15 pass. Van pop out windows

Mr. Micro Edge

So I did an f350 15 passenger van. This thing was a cake walk with miles of glass!!!! Two of the windows have latches that allow the window to pop outward and "vent". I popped the latches and removed the hardware and ultimately the glass. Shrinked to fit then used a circle template next size bigger than the hardware and sliced out the holes.

I do this for the '88-'99 style Chevrolet ext. Cab quarter windows as well...they generally turn out quite nice this way.

I was just wondering how others do these types of windows?

Depends if there is already factory tint on it. Like on the older silverados, most already have factory tint, so a slit-to-fit around the hardware isnt really noticeable...

Funny that you just posted this, I have a 15 pass van scheduled for tomorrow. Looked like it was ganna be super easy, but wanted to check on here to see if there was anything I would run into... and what do you know someone (you) posted a thread about it not too long ago. Lol

Anyway, should be a super easy job tomorrow... I'll let you know how I work around the hardware...

those are pretty easy.  Just cut the film circle for the latches and do a slight cut down for each button.  No need to remove the windows.  If you need to fill in the small light gap, and I have yet to on those, just get some puffy paint and run it around there.

Seat belts hang down in bad spots and climbing around the seats makes for more time.  Tons of glass so charge for it.  Think of the fact that it is like 5 regular truck back windows of film and not as easy to do as that same truck window would be. 

Archived