Mazda 6 - Door Quarters

Guest monkeycustard

Guest monkeycustard

Evening All!

Mazda 6 Door Quarters look extremely tight. Almost like there is no give to tuck in the tint on the sides and curved top.

Anyone done one of these. Not sure if UK version is different. :-S

Is it a door panel off job, but even so tucking in the tint, how? Is it easy to just pop the glass out and replace. I hate doing that but if needs be.

Thanks in advance.

and yeah be careful with heat gun, outside of windows where top end rubber meets glass (frames) are EXTREMELY sensitive to heatgun :)

:bingo

Pull the panels for an easier install

Guest monkeycustard

Pull the panels for an easier install

I hate pulling panels unless its a VW or something, I know pulling panels on the Mazda 6 are easy but I still worry about breaking snapin connectors (Thought to self: buy some spares!)

Anyhow, removing the panels will only give more ease for the bottom, I can't get head around cutting the top of the quarter its all at a stupid curve etc. Maybe I should just try, try and try again. Ha! I sound like a novice!

Guest CZtint

Hmm, cutting Mazda 6 quarter is not so bad, I always cut it easily, but I cut all the line, it has some kind of line on it, cut it all out.

My mentor once said, the more you cut, easier you install (then he paid new gaskets for Mercedes S :inot )

Archived