What type of insurance to I need?

Guest carolina_shade

It pays or saves to do some research. I start out thinking I am going to start this little shop for auto and do some res/comm FG and keep it small doing one job a week and work my business up. You start researching some of your simpler cost( learning, lease , supplies, permits, signs, legal/tax ) of getting the business open and running. Let's add insurance to that monthly total and I beginning to think I better be looking at being more productive just to make a profit because there is going to be those who get theirs before I can even get mine.

It appears that you either fly under the radar to avoid cost or you go full tilt so you have something at the end of the month. I understand you got to have insurance or you could lose your butt in the wrong situation. When you are already insurance poor and they seem to get everything handed to them by law if you want to own a home, car, health and business.

I been reading a lot of post from way back to 2005 on people and their insurance coverage and sounds like a necessary evil. Seems like 1-2 million for coverage and maybe around $150 a month. I am looking forward to talking with my State Farm agent this week.

There is cost to doing business that few employees and customers realize when the check is signed.

Guest carolina_shade

If I can save hundreds of dollars paying it all at once, That sounds like a good option to check on.

I will talk with my State Farm agent first since I have almost all my insurance with them and hoping for a better deal and after that start looking who can sweeten the pot.

Considering how few claims get reported it would be wiser to go with a high deductible to keep premiums lower.

Thanks for the comments.

I wanna say my plan is around $650 per year or $900 if I pay it quarterly, so I pay it all at once. :thumb

What do you get for coverage for that? Holly chit... Mine is north of 4k a year .... plus comp.... Mass sucks.

Archived