2001 eclipse. need ideas on removing paint from matrix.

Guest justacusty

Guest justacusty

I am just a customer. never tinted a day in my life, but am ready to have my windows tinted, by a professional.

when I bought my car a few weeks ago, it had a really crappy CHROME tint on the windows and was absolutely hideous.

I of course removed all the tint from the car, but I am left with the dot matrix on the rear window

it has been spray painted.

the pro tinter I talked to said he will be able to tint the matrix, and make it look perfect, without the use of paint or vinyl.

but wants to charge me an extra 80 bucks just to remove the paint, and said its a pain in the ass.

so to avoid having to pay an extra 80, and to prevent him from having to remove someone else's screw up that he doesnt want to deal with.

what can I do to remove this god awful paint from my dot matrix?

thanks Dan

Guest justacusty

ive had it to a pro. the only reputable shop in my area, and he wants to charge me 80 to remove the paint from the dot matrix.

He will be tinting the car, as I dont know what im doing. I just want to save the 80 bucks on that. and he acted like he didnt really want to mess with the paint removal.

trying to help us both out

just leave the paint if its not that bad

I am just a customer. never tinted a day in my life, but am ready to have my windows tinted, by a professional.

when I bought my car a few weeks ago, it had a really crappy CHROME tint on the windows and was absolutely hideous.

I of course removed all the tint from the car, but I am left with the dot matrix on the rear window

it has been spray painted.

the pro tinter I talked to said he will be able to tint the matrix, and make it look perfect, without the use of paint or vinyl.

but wants to charge me an extra 80 bucks just to remove the paint, and said its a pain in the ass.

so to avoid having to pay an extra 80, and to prevent him from having to remove someone else's screw up that he doesnt want to deal with.

what can I do to remove this god awful paint from my dot matrix?

thanks Dan

really? he told you that?

Archived