A question I pose

If tinting a car and you engage the emergency brake in order to shut off the lights so you don't kill a battery and as a result the emergency brake either seizes or breaks the cable due to not ever being used prior or just plain old , who do you feel is responsible to pay for a seized emergency brake that now squeaks , the tinter who caused it or the owner of the car who brought you a car with a defective emergency brake assuming that you weren't going to use it to tint a car?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintnmoreok

Let's say you drive the vehicle into the shop and the steering wheel falls off. Was this caused by the act of tinting the windows or through your mishandling of the vehicle? I believe not and I believe the same goes for the emergency brake. Unless you abused the brake when you pushed it in, I would feel no responsibility for its repair.

Having said that, oftentimes it's not enough to be right. Sometimes you have to suck it up and do the repair even if you feel you're not at fault. It boils down to whether you want to be right or earn a customer's loyalty. A tough call that every tint shop owner has to make from time to time.

Good luck.

Customers problem, not yours.

Somethimg which supposedly worked when it was brought no longer works?

If they came back the next day complaimg both their headlights worked when they

brought it in, amd now ome does not work.

That is not yourcproblem......

Archived