Grand Marquise soft top back glass

Guest mexican rob

Guest mexican rob

Tried it there times and kept getting huge fingers. First one I ever attempted and it kicked my butt! Finally just forced fingers down with slot of heat. Any suggestions for next time?

I get the film cut pretty darn close to where I have no light gaps inside, form it close on the windshield, and apply. Just a couple of fingers to heat down inside and your done.

Yes, but how?

Easy, Easy, done isn't very descriptive.

Really!? :blink

Ok so I only have one landau pic in my library so it'll have to do. 021.jpg This is the type of top were talking about.024.jpg From inside you can see the top is a little bigger than the glass.

If you lay your uncut film on the outside, of course it'll be a bit bigger than the top. With a china marker (or grease pencil) mark the film so that your lines exceed the top just enough to cover any light gaps. Use your best judgment on that one for your specific application.

From here we move our tint to a peel board (cutting table, weed board what ever you call yours) and cut it to the size you marked on it. Hopefully you've already soaped your windshield. Once your cut down just form the tint to the front as much as possible. (IT WILL NOT FIT THE BACK GLASS PERFECTLY AT THIS POINT!!)

From this point install the material as you normally would. You'll find a few fingers once it's in. Low heat, hard card, and the towel of choice should take care of any of that and your done!

Better!?

For all that find this useful please send T.D. $100.00 to help Rick pay his bills and keep this site up and running! I'm sure he'd be happy to give you a subscription for it! At the very least bump the little thumb to the right of the screen for me.

Thanks and have a great day! :thumb

Archived