2012 Dodge Dart

mustangdroptop96

Did one this weekend. Easy car. Felt all around so I taped it all up just to be safe. Also, third brake light is easy to take out. Pull straight down on the cover to the light, it does not seperate from the headliner, then pull the light from the roof. 3 clips hold the light to the roof with a centering mark to make install easy and the cover to the light is four clips. Hope this helps out.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the panels are warm you can just pull the top back and pull out the rubber. But you have to hit the rear panels pretty hard to get it to pop back on. I've tinted probably over 150 for a dealer and I've never had a issue with one. They do come with 2 different panels one plastic and one with a fake leather on it. The plastic ones are easier to pull back. If it's cold just warm the top of the plastic panles up with a heat gun amd you'll make your life easier

Guest birdman

Also would like to point out, while doing to the door windows, if it's a limited (and i believe the GT's as well) when you hit the button to lower or raise the windows some are automatic. not the nice automatic where you have the option to let the car do it for you or you can just lower/raise the window a little yourself, in the limited models as soon as you touch the button they go all the way down/up, until you hit the button again to stop it. not a huge deal, but a nice pain in the D when you forget and the car devours the film.  :evileye

I've got a 13 Dart coming in next week. I know I tinted 1 when it came out but for the life of me I can't remember anything about this car. Does the brakelight come out ? Sweeps ? Booobytraps ?

Archived