nissan 370 z

davebheam

370 is cake... 2 10mm screws to pull back door panel enough to remove the seal.. ( there is a rubber seal/somthing or other below the window seal that you wont see if you dont pull the window seal.. not sure what its for, but if tint isnt tucked below that other rubber seal it may pull the tint up... its on the left and right of the door, passenger and driver). dont have to worry about a clamp that way, and no shrinking... one 10mm is covered by trim behind the door handle, and the other is covered by a plug on the far left side of the door ( drivers side.. opposite for passanger)... remove those bolts, pull the panel back... just a easy firm pull.. and the top of the panel comes back... use a pocket screw driver to pop the far left side of the seal up, than wiggle the rest up... sounds difficult and wierd, but easy... push fingers from top across the length of the window, down to bottom and hard card them out... the window will be the 1/4 inch down while you do this, but the seal is not there, so u can push fingers out all the way and if you want to check, push the button with your thumb that makes the window roll up fully... its on the body where the door meets... thats just the way we do it at the dealership, but everyone has their way.. lol my :twocents

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

370 is cake... 2 10mm screws to pull back door panel enough to remove the seal.. ( there is a rubber seal/somthing or other below the window seal that you wont see if you dont pull the window seal.. not sure what its for, but if tint isnt tucked below that other rubber seal it may pull the tint up... its on the left and right of the door, passenger and driver). dont have to worry about a clamp that way, and no shrinking... one 10mm is covered by trim behind the door handle, and the other is covered by a plug on the far left side of the door ( drivers side.. opposite for passanger)... remove those bolts, pull the panel back... just a easy firm pull.. and the top of the panel comes back... use a pocket screw driver to pop the far left side of the seal up, than wiggle the rest up... sounds difficult and wierd, but easy... push fingers from top across the length of the window, down to bottom and hard card them out... the window will be the 1/4 inch down while you do this, but the seal is not there, so u can push fingers out all the way and if you want to check, push the button with your thumb that makes the window roll up fully... its on the body where the door meets... thats just the way we do it at the dealership, but everyone has their way.. lol my :twocents

This is what I was looking for! I've done one of these and the custy had done some research and had told me that everyone on his forum was saying about this piece of rubber behind the seals that would catch the film. I have a 2013 370z with the nismo package in burnt orange to do on Saturday. I'm going to remove the sweep and shave the edges on this one! I can post pictures if needed as well!

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

Pulled the top of the panel back to pull the seal. And that made the doors a breeze to do! Even did my first shave on a frameless window. Nice little car!

370z_zpsad4c17b4.jpg

370zback_zpsd3b96a98.jpg

370zshaved_zps120e4055.jpg

I like Devil's comment about the rear glass. Certainly not hard by any means but the first one I did I couldn't believe where all the fingers came from. I actually dry shrink them and that's the flattest looking glass I've ever dry-shrunk.

By the way, if anyone is wondering about the windshield, they are easy too. Just pull the dash speaker covers and the side pillars for a little more room, and its a breeze. Takes just a couple minutes to get them out of the way and the windshield is a quick shrink.

Archived