Auto Tint customers....HMMM

So I am starting to realize after two months of running an auto tint shop that those customers can be total idiots way more than flat glass customers. With flat glass customers who are spending thousands of dollars you would expect a little craziness at times but some of these auto tint customers lately are getting on my last nerve. First let me start by saying my tinter has 15 years of experience and can do 5-6 cars a day about 1 1/2-2hrs each car and puts out very clean work. His cuts are plotter like! Anyways long story short a customer calls a day later with attitude(who btw couldn't afford to get his wife's car all done, only ended up getting the sides done--no back glass to save money) to tell me there were a few water pockets in one of the side windows. I pleasantly reminded him that it may take a couple days for it to dry out and there was no need to have an attitude with me. He goes on to ask me if I am saying he has an attitude because he is black. I honestly was speechless for a second. I'm like wtf??? After collecting my thoughts I responded by saying that I'm not sure what his skin color has to do with anything and reminded him that my nephew who is black tinted his car and didnt appreciate his comment. It really is hard sometimes to understand people sometimes.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like normal auto custys to me. Just wait till you get your first pissed off female BMW owner. :wall

In time you will learn to read the crazy's and send them down the road before even attempting to tint their car.

Also I know just what you mean about car custys being pickier then flat glass custys. I think its because you get some much closer to car windows then you normally would a house or commercial window.

A lot of the time you can spot a crazy just based how they act before the job...we turn away 3-5 customers a month based on this because it is not worth the possible headache in the future. To help with unnecessary calls in the first couple of weeks, we designed a care card that states the exact day that they can roll down windows and the day that everything should be 100% cured. We walk them through that and other care tips before we start on the vehicle. Then when it is done, we quickly revisit it with them to see if they have any questions. Since we started this, we rarely have a customer call back about the tint.

The cheapskates are the ones that cause the most trouble.

I'll be honest it was four years ago so maybe I'm forgetting things but I didn't really have that many issues with customers. Go high end, I'm telling you the cheap ones are always the worst its the same in any business. TRUST ME.

Guest filmslayer

The cheapskates are the ones that cause the most trouble.

I'll be honest it was four years ago so maybe I'm forgetting things but I didn't really have that many issues with customers. Go high end, I'm telling you the cheap ones are always the worst its the same in any business. TRUST ME.

solid advise ... and never give deals , they always turn and bite ya in the ass ...

ain't that the truth. seems every time I give someone a deal for one reason or another it bites me in the azz. Last deal I gave was on a guys wanting to get 3 cars done. 2 new and 1 chit box. Tinted the chit box his son was driving at a disscounted price. Then he never came back to have the other 2 done as he said he would.

Archived