LOTP #218

Guest filmslayer

fine after I had my blow up with the manager and owner this morning about the golf cart guys trashing my bay with sand !!! had to redo 4 windows yesterday due to the fact I cant keep my tools clean ... this morning when I filled 1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket with sand was the straw ...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmslayer

just working on the gulf carts when I'm not busy . but they''ll come in and out dozens of times in a day dragging sand in each time . I've asked nice and polite numbers of times , in one ear out the other . today was not so nice ... :nope

Guest VaTinterPMan

hey Vatint. On that bettle. If you feel comfortable doing it. I pull the back glass and rear quarters on those old bugs. They are not hard at all to pull if you know how rope in glass is installed. :thumb

I have taken out before with the first one I did, but the customer put them back in.....Taken out all you do is have someone push on the inside and have someone on the outside also pushing so it doesnt hit the ground when it pops out....

How you do rope them back in???

Guest VaTinterPMan

Hey c2c also how do you do that back glass?/ I have tried wet shrinking it and dry shrinking it.....Now I have the lift and pull tech I can use also but I always got the top or the bottom done and when I had a inch left on either or top or bottom I would crease it just a small amount....

to put them back in you need 1/4 nylon rope. Get it nice a slick with gojo hand cleaner. Place it insides the gasket then set normally the bottom channel of the glass into the gasket channel have some press firmly on the outside of the glass. Slowly pull the rope out of the gasket, and it will pull the gasket lip back over the metal frame.

Archived