Costly things to watch out for?

Guest mrbillydee

Trick Ive done but dont recommend anyone leary of cracking a windshield is I gently pulled up on ford rearview mirrors without any tools and came out fine. hold mirror with one hand while applying upward pressure with other hand on mirror base wiggling it upwards. Suprised me so I had to do it another time to make sure it wasnt a fluke and worked fine. Maybe I got lucky but a trick none the less. Not for the faint at heart. lol

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive heard of windsheilds cracking in the winter while pulling it into a warm garage but ive never seen it happen. I recently had a problem with a 03 audi a6 where water had gotten into the factory subwoofer enclusure in the truck and fried part of the amp and sub creating a popping noise. she just wanted the sound to go away so I disconnected the sub and she was on her way. dodged a bullet.

Guest IcustomTint

opening doors sumtimes we overlook in a rush & hit against sum object & scratch / removing portable electronics killed a 400$ retail gps once got it for 150$ though!!! :spank

Guest carolina_shade

Might not hurt to walk around the car with the client and point out scratches and dings before they leave their car with you.Also have them remove all valuable items such as GPS, power cords and drugs.

Guest mrbillydee

Might not hurt to walk around the car with the client and point out scratches and dings before they leave their car with you.Also have them remove all valuable items such as GPS, power cords and drugs.

:lol

Make all installers lock the vehicle when complete, even if it's in front of your shop and the customer is inside paying. Good habit to get into, we had a customer's $700 navi unit stolen after we tinted it, and fingers tend to point your way. It's something you dont think about, but the annoyance of a customer having to hit a button to unlock their car is worth it if it saves you any hassle. Not to mention people will think of you as a secure and trusted company to bring their cars!

Guest tint whisperer

babyseats be very specific on what you do when we remove them, we never reinstall it always have custy do it and they r usually happy that you thought of their baby`s safety

Guest filmslayer

babyseats be very specific on what you do when we remove them, we never reinstall it always have custy do it and they r usually happy that you thought of their baby`s safety

I put em in upside down ...

Archived