Why You Should Never Stop Advertising

I do as much as I can without paying. Facebook, google reviews, asking for referrals etc. There was a local car show today, proceeds going to the local humane society and I donated 2 20% off certificates for them to give away. I hung out, met a lot of new people and made 2 appointments. I think that stuff works better than any print ad I could buy.

Like you C2C, I have cards out at as many places as possible :thumb

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it comes down to how much of your business is return customers and referrals. If majority of your jobs are return customers or friends of customers then you will be good to go without much advertising. Top shops remain top shops because they retain their customers and have a huge loyal fan base. I know 3 shops in my state that do a very good amount of vehicles, all top dollar, and doesn't do much advertising. IMO, I want to do a lot of advertising (mostly free with some paid) to ensure I have a constant stream of new customers along with our return customers. Due to our advertising, we are able to gain customers that are normally loyal to other shops simply because our price is slightly better. So in Winter, we still have just as many customers as we do in the summer. Unless you are in a tiny town, no matter how long you have been around and how big you are, there are people in your area that does not know who you are so advertising gets you out to more and more people that do not even know you are an option.

Guest thatsnappyguy

Rick, you couldnt have posted this at a better time. I was just thinking about that today. I dont plan on cutting back for that exact reason. I have a few competitors here that I have to bid against all the time.

It can depend a lot on your goal, as we know corporations are set to grow grow grow. A small business owner might be just fine with what they are earning and values peace of mind and time with the family more than exponential growth. That I can respect.

A good rule of thumb in my opinion is take 15% of what you make and reinvest it back into marketing for your business.

That could be the way your shop looks, uniforms, website etc...

Well, I brought the subject up because an advertiser on here is holding off until spring to advertise again.

Ah, I was thinking in a totally different frame of mind. If someone wants more business for what they are offering, then any time is a good time to advertise , especially on here if it's to do with courses, supplies , plotter systems .. This would be a very high traffic place. Smart money spent. :thumb

Archived