The good customer. Do you have a story?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a good one Tinitman, I had a similar one awhile back.

Got a call for residential film, go to do the estimate and find out that the lady had her sister and niece living with her while she (niece) was going through treatment. She was diagnosed with leukemia at 7yrs old. She was 23 at that time and had battled it pretty much her whole life. The treatment she was going through made her very sensitive to sunlight. As well as many other issues, she even had to have her eyelids glued shut for awhile it was so bad. I tinted the whole house with 15%. Then they inquired about tinting the car they went back and forth to the hospital with. I originally tinted it to 35% which they said helped a lot but she could really benefit having it darker. So I retinted the back where the niece rode in 5%. One of the only times I tinted above the legal limit without an exemption.

I got a call about 2 months later from the girls mother and she informed me her daughter had passed away a couple days before. She had just turned 24 only a week before she died. I could tell her mom was tearing up as she was telling me this, but she thanked me over and over for the work I had done and for making the last few months easier on her because they had struggled with the issue for awhile. We talked for awhile and naturally I got all choked up over it. Not because I knew them real well, but because here was a grieving mother that was going through something unimaginable for me and she took the time to call the guy who glued plastic to her window to thank him.

I will never forget them. Great people. I just wish I could have done something more for them....

Guest mrbillydee

Wow that must have been a hard phone call...

Exactly what I was thinking.

Those are some inspiring stories.

Not that anyone requires it to validate themselves, but it does feel nice when someone notices you went the extra mile.

Guest Malcolm E Boo

The toughest phone call I've ever had at work for sure. The only time I have shed tears at work also.

I think I may call and see how she is doing now that its on my mind.....

:cool

Archived