The good customer. Do you have a story?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I still lived in Indianapolis I was contacted by a couple to install film on their new car. When they arrived to my shop I noticed the wife did not look well. While discussing the different films I had the husband mentioned his wife had Lupus. He presented me with a doctor's order for dark film including the windshield. I told them it would be a couple of hours. They could wait in the waiting room or go shopping at the local Menards down the block. They decided on going shopping. The lady smeared lotion all over her and covered herself with a sheet. She also had a big floppy hat. I had never heard of Lupus before that day.

When they returned, his wife had blisters where the sun hit her skin on her face. She only had been outside for about 10 minutes walking back to my shop. I presented the car to them with fresh 20% all around and 35% on the windshield. She was all excited. They paid the invoice and off they went. I remember thinking after they left that this was one sick woman.

That following Saturday they walked in my door with a basket. She went up to my wife and hugged her. Turned to me and gave me a big hug. I had no clue what was going on, all I did was install window film. They gave us a basket full of goodies and a thank you card. She told me for the first time she could ride in a car without blistering from the sun. Her joints did not hurt so much because of the film. They were planning a trip to St Louis and she was excited to be able to see the countryside on the trip. She never could do this before.

She explained to me what Lupus was and the pain caused by it. She told me the reactions she had and what triggered everything. She was a real sick woman.

About a month later I had another person call from a dealership telling me I HAD to tint their car. Their friend referred me to them and I HAD to do it at the dealership. Come to find out it was the first wife's best freind who also had Lupus. I went to the dealership the next day and installed the film on the new car. That dealership decided I was now their installer. For the next four years I averaged five vehicles a week from them before I sold the company.

Both couples kept calling us at least twice a year to thank us for helping them. They also sent me tons of their friends throughout the years. Once they found out I did houses, the door was wide open.

Had a great custy yesterday. No real story behind it, but he gave me a $30 tip. those are my favorite ones. :money But on a real note, those up top are some nice stories to hear, Makes you remember the true benefits of film other than the custy that just wants triple limo black papers.

Guest tint whisperer

got a call last week from a custy. He'd been to 4 different business getting work on his truck and he called to say we were the only one's who kept our appointment promises, and didn't have to go back for some reason or another :beer

It's the little things - made our day :D

I don't have anything fantastic to add to this, but after the week I've had the call I got yesterday was a good pick me up.

Several weeks ago I tinted an 01 Grand Prix, mind you I was sick as a dog, for a new to me customer. The guy told me several times he had a lot of cars tinted with another guy a good distance away from me an that he was hesitant to try some place new (to him). With out doing anything out of the ordinary as far as a sales pitch he made his appointment an on life goes. When he dropped the car off it was as I expected as for its condition save one thing it had , unbeknownst to him, been tinted before. The side glasses went fine but the rear glass gave me hell. Not that its hard to form or lay but I kept getting trash and or creasing the film. After several failed attempts, as far as was concerned, I gave up. I did something I've rarely ever done I called to let him know it was done but I admitted I wasn't happy with the outcome. After showing him what I didn't like about the job and discussing what options were available to him he payed and left.

It may not seem like a big deal to some but as I've said before normally if I don't like it you can't have it! Things like that wear on me a little because I care. I'm a true believer in what I do and our industry

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, yet another busy but unprofitable day for the week, he calls and said what I had done to his car was miles ahead of what he had been accustom to and priced out another job he wants handled soon.

Like I said a good pick me up!

I know, I'm simple! :coffee

Guest Tinter24

I had one who was telling me how super picky he was before I tinted his car. Said he had several shops in the area tint his cars over the years and hes never been happy. I tinted his car and he was so pleased he had his son come from almost 100 miles away to have his car done by me!

Archived