tint bunches up in plotter

Guest downtheroadtint

Guest downtheroadtint

Hello, my name is Gary. I own a local sign/graphics shop. I'm new to the forum & window tinting. I'm facing an issue with the tint feeding properly through my plotter & sticking. It bunches up bad as soon as the cut begins. I read one suggestion, wiping down the plotter with fabric softener to keep from sticking, but had no success. I'm not sure if my cut down force or speed plays apart of this, I will troubleshoot through that, but as soon as I hit the setup button to measure the tint & it rolls back into place, you can see a crease/small bunch up already forming before the cutting begins. Has anyone had a similar issue? My plotter/printer is a Roland sc500.

Sounds like the either a roller is off skew or the feed rollers your film sits on is not square to the plotter. Sticking issues we wax the table then use an anti static spray. Come cold winter time when the static in the air seems to be high, then we use fabric softener then cover that with corn starch. BTW our middle roller is unusable and will do exactly what you describe to the film. Its like it has camber wear on a tire.

Get yourself a 25 degree blade. Massive difference. Set your plotter to cut on pull only. 45 degree blade cutting both ways usually ends up in a mess like you have. If you haven't te blade at least try to cut on pull first.

Archived