• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you haven't looked at the other candidate on the ballot, I suggest you do, this year is a 3 way race in all states. Those of you who don't like Romney or Obama, I guarantee the 3rd choice will be more palatable.

uja6e3u5.jpg

I agree Gary would be the better guy, however, if you vote for him, you are just casting a vote for Obama.

Take a look at what happened in Florida during the 2000 election. Gore actually won the popular vote, but only because Republicans went in two different directions, writing in another name. Democrats win elections, or have solid voting turn-outs because they vote for the democrat. Say what you want about Bush, but this a prime example of what could happen in this election.

All Im saying is, if you vote for Gary to feel good about the way you voted, you know damn well he wont be elected. If you really want Obama out of office, you will vote wisely.

Also, the saying of "I'd rather have 4 more years of Obama than 8 of Romney" is foolish as well. While Romney is far from being what Republicans want, he stands on leaving it up to the States to make there own decisions. You could argue about Mitts healthcare reform and how is the "baby" of Obamacare, but he did this on the state level, and would never consider it a federal topic, forcing the nation to follow suit.

Libertarians and republicans should take a look at what the democrats are doing. They dont back down. They are speak out on what they believe and will do whatever it takes to get their guy in.

The point is, at least for next time, DO something about it, and stop watching and complaining about the outcome (this isnt directed to you personally The///Man).

Is it any wonder why threads like this get so heated? Maybe not so much on this forum, but if you go to Craigslist and click on politics forum, the democrats are spreading their message, and they are damn good at it.

Speak up! Take a Sunday and you yourself hit the streets and register people to vote. Democrats do, they do it everyday.

Trust me, I have been turning people on both sides on to Gary. I have been a lifetime republican, but they aren't republicans anymore. What happened to smaller government? What happened to at least saying they would spend my money responsibly? Somewhere in the last ten years they decided they needed to spend billions upon billions of dollars trying to legislate my freedoms away while our economy was taking a dive. Save the moral discussions for when we have more money than we know what to do with, fix the economy is priority one. Neither Obama nor Romney have offered up any plans to turn around the economy they helped create, heck, our struggle is what is ensuring their power. Government needs to be taken away from the politicians and given back to the people.

I implore you to look at Gary's platform, the. Look at his history. He was a business owner like many of us. He went from business owner to our governor, and one of the most successful governors of recent history. He is not a primped and primed lifetime politician trying to secure his career in politics, not a senator, representative, state politicians, etc. He was a businessman, he ran NM like a business, he didn cater to politics, didn't cater to special interests and lobbyists, and just did what made sense and worked.

Our current politicians are not doing what makes sense and its blatantly obvious aren't doing what works.

If you haven't looked at the other candidate on the ballot, I suggest you do, this year is a 3 way race in all states. Those of you who don't like Romney or Obama, I guarantee the 3rd choice will be more palatable.

uja6e3u5.jpg

I agree Gary would be the better guy, however, if you vote for him, you are just casting a vote for Obama.

Take a look at what happened in Florida during the 2000 election. Gore actually won the popular vote, but only because Republicans went in two different directions, writing in another name. Democrats win elections, or have solid voting turn-outs because they vote for the democrat. Say what you want about Bush, but this a prime example of what could happen in this election.

All Im saying is, if you vote for Gary to feel good about the way you voted, you know damn well he wont be elected. If you really want Obama out of office, you will vote wisely.

Also, the saying of "I'd rather have 4 more years of Obama than 8 of Romney" is foolish as well. While Romney is far from being what Republicans want, he stands on leaving it up to the States to make there own decisions. You could argue about Mitts healthcare reform and how is the "baby" of Obamacare, but he did this on the state level, and would never consider it a federal topic, forcing the nation to follow suit.

Libertarians and republicans should take a look at what the democrats are doing. They dont back down. They are speak out on what they believe and will do whatever it takes to get their guy in.

The point is, at least for next time, DO something about it, and stop watching and complaining about the outcome (this isnt directed to you personally The///Man).

Is it any wonder why threads like this get so heated? Maybe not so much on this forum, but if you go to Craigslist and click on politics forum, the democrats are spreading their message, and they are damn good at it.

Speak up! Take a Sunday and you yourself hit the streets and register people to vote. Democrats do, they do it everyday.

Trust me, I have been turning people on both sides on to Gary. I have been a lifetime republican, but they aren't republicans anymore. What happened to smaller government? What happened to at least saying they would spend my money responsibly? Somewhere in the last ten years they decided they needed to spend billions upon billions of dollars trying to legislate my freedoms away while our economy was taking a dive. Save the moral discussions for when we have more money than we know what to do with, fix the economy is priority one. Neither Obama nor Romney have offered up any plans to turn around the economy they helped create, heck, our struggle is what is ensuring their power. Government needs to be taken away from the politicians and given back to the people.

I implore you to look at Gary's platform, the. Look at his history. He was a business owner like many of us. He went from business owner to our governor, and one of the most successful governors of recent history. He is not a primped and primed lifetime politician trying to secure his career in politics, not a senator, representative, state politicians, etc. He was a businessman, he ran NM like a business, he didn cater to politics, didn't cater to special interests and lobbyists, and just did what made sense and worked.

Our current politicians are not doing what makes sense and its blatantly obvious aren't doing what works.

There is nothing in your post that I don't agree with.

I have looked at Gary, and agree with you, and what he stands for. He isnt going to win. I want to win at getting Obama out. Unfortunately there are only two choices. No matter how hard you try to get his name out there, he isn't a viable option. I never wanted to be a "cheerleader" for Mitt, but because I want to win, I will be until election day. Then, I will wait to see who is next.

Im tired of the RINO's and the machine too. Im not a Republican. Im a Conservative. I want to see real candidates, not hand picked machines.

Its too late for Gary, it just is.

uja6e3u5.jpg

There is nothing in your post that I don't agree with.

I have looked at Gary, and agree with you, and what he stands for. He isnt going to win. I want to win at getting Obama out. Unfortunately there are only two choices. No matter how hard you try to get his name out there, he isn't a viable option. I never wanted to be a "cheerleader" for Mitt, but because I want to win, I will be until election day. Then, I will wait to see who is next.

Im tired of the RINO's and the machine too. Im not a Republican. Im a Conservative. I want to see real candidates, not hand picked machines.

Its too late for Gary, it just is.

Half the people I talk to say the same thing. "I like Gary and agree with his platform, but he won't win and this election is too important because we need to get Obama out or keep Romney out". Sadly if everyone who thought Gary is the man for the job voted for him, it would be a landslide.

Archived