you might be a redneck

I was woken last night by my wife. She said something just ran across the floor. I am thinking with fall coming and us being gone its a mouse. However I go to get out of bed to look, and I see it climbing my bedroom curtian. Its a freaking squirrel. :facepalm2 . So I did what any redneck would do and grabbed my pellet rifle.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the squirrel ducks behind the curtian and hides behind it on my window ledge. Now I am like WTF I don't want to shoot out my window. So I start tossing stuff at the curtain until he starts moving. He sticks his head over the top of the curtian to look out. At this point I am standing on my bed in my boxers with the pellet rifle aimed and ready to fire.

I popped him in the head with one shot. He ran down the curtain and fell onto the floor. I put 2 more rounds in him to make sure he dead. I think I was most shocked I was able to aim that well out of a dead sleep. :thumb go to know if I ever get broke into. I will just be sure to grab something bigger then my pellet rifle.

we have been pretty lucky with keeping them out. This one was kinda small. But with those trees, will never bet rid of them in my trees. I just have to keep them thinned out. Since I live in town I have to use the pellet rifle. Otherwise I would pop them with my old squirrel gun. 4/10 double I have had since I was 10 years old. Couldn't imagine handing a gun like that to my 11 year olds these day. What were my parents thinking. :dunno

Different times C2C. When my dad was growing up he had access to a whole arsenal. He knew better than to mess with them without grandpa around. He was 8-9 and had his own .22 and went out hunting rodents by himself. It's all how you teach them. He said he knew if he was caught playing with a gun he would have been better off shooting himself. Gramps didn't take no chit. :thumb

On the flip side my mom hates guns, she had a brother that was shot and killed accidentally by a friends brother who was playing with a loaded gun. He was just 8 yrs old. The kid that shot him was not taught properly and he was 16....should have known better.

Archived