Passing up a job due to health reasons.....

It's a tough call for anyone beyond yourself to make Roach. Pain is personal, we all have our own thresholds and limits.

I agree with many of the guys though, you have options, maybe it's time you explored those a little deeper.

By the sounds of it it's a problem that isn't going to go away, so try to find a way to work around it rather than aggravate it. A little adjustment now, could lead to a more comfortable future. :twocents

^ This

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That has cross my mind as well.... but there really isn't anything I'd like to rather do. Which I know might sound odd to some... but I really enjoy the whole thing. I like meeting new people.. I enjoy, for the most part, selling... and I like installing.

I used to be in IT.. sitting at a desk. Easier on my feet, but I hated it.

I think if I got things to where I didn't have to actually install on large jobs, I'd be ok. Which I could just focus on smaller jobs, but from a biz pov, that's not the way to grow a business and be profitable.

That's where you are wrong Roach, because that is exactly how you grow a business and become profitable. The problem becomes maintaining growth. The only way you can grow a business like this, is to duplicate yourself at a fraction of what you yourself actually cost.

I would take a guess here, that smaller jobs are higher cost per sq foot.

Resulting in fewer feet of film installed, but taking in more $ as a result of the higher sq ft price.

Will have to see if I got this correct, as it is just a guess......

Welp... the shorter, first job... wasn't able to finish. It was just too much.... my feet by the end of the day were killing me to the point I thought I was going to puke from the pain. Def. not worth it. :(

Second job... the huge job... going well... but it's happening in pieces... many, many, many pieces... suck $$$ wise, but it's not bad with my feet.

Although today I am in crazy pain for some reason.... worked a couple hours yesterday afternoon, but nothing crazy. (Maybe 3 hours total) So I'm not sure what's going on... different pain then my normal pain... kindof worried just slightly. It is what it is though... Normally they kindof sorta loosen up a tiny bit as I walk... kindof hard to explain, but they didn't even do that today. Just feels like I have a million knieves stuck in my feet.

Ugh...

Archived