neon light on film problem

did a big $ job in manhattan penthouse,cust calls me up said film looks soapy,has people come in and clean inside and out...problem still there,I go there this eve,he has a small neon light that reflects on 3 of the paines of glass,hard to explain,I tried to take a pic,but it looks like a big oilly,soapy mess..u only see it on the 3 windows that the light hits....what do I do?

lemme explain,these people are loadded,they have hundreds of thousands of dollars in art,this neon light is one of them,so no smart answers like"just shut off the light"or"move the light" lol...thats not an option..

the film used is sunteks uvds40,I was thinking maybe I can put a clear film over it? or maybe remove and replace just those 3 windows and replace with a film that wont have that effect with a neon light?

how would I go about testing which film will work?I dont have any neon lights in my house..lol...

Any fluorescent light on film, no matter the film, will show this. Some more than others, but this is something that should have been brought up during the sales process.

Man, devils advocate speaking, but JT, 20+ years in the biz, you should know this.

Just saying, not looking for a fight.

Nope. Junker's right. Any film will do that. It involves the "refresh rate" of fluorescent or in this case neon lights.

They actually kind of flicker at a very high rate which causes this effect.

Get the film off before it sets too hard to be easy to pull off. Nothing I know of will change this.

I've seen it show on just blackout even.I wouldn't be surprised if it is somewhat visible on the bare glass itself.

Nope. Junker's right. Any film will do that. It involves the "refresh rate" of fluorescent or in this case neon lights.

They actually kind of flicker at a very high rate which causes this effect.

Get the film off before it sets too hard to be easy to pull off. Nothing I know of will change this.

I've seen it show on just blackout even.I wouldn't be surprised if it is somewhat visible on the bare glass itself.

Good response, I think removal is your best bet.

hundreds of lights in the penthouse,sorry I didnt see the ONE light in the corner that was off the whole 3days I did the install...removal is not an option...$20fqft,NOT giving it back...maybe just on those 3 windows..

here's less than HALF of this place

th_VIDEO0070.jpg

tell them it is a BONUS and you would normally charge extra for that effect, but they got it free.....

if it is a problem at night then perhaps talk them into a shade to cover the window at night as they are not looking out very much if the lights are on inside are they?

Archived