Assesing a reasonable percent for the use of tint bay!

Guest IcustomTint

Guest IcustomTint

heres the lineup I have mentioned this in another post but now things change a litle bit so thought I'd update ... the bay is about 10' wide by 16' deep enuff to fit in a normal size sedan pretty snug & still have room to work around it . display & waiting room, Resroom, 30" plotter if I want to make good of it, water, electricity, charger, extra tools, a designated office space with free wifi internet all thrown in the basket for me, shops in a prime location they deal in autoglass repair so sum referals come through them, he also processes my credit card payments & does the invoicing, so for all this taken into account I had offered them 25% out of every job I complete but I realized the manager can do so much better in dealing with customers personally & over the phone so I offered to add another 10% exclusively for him to direct all my calls & sales to him so he now books all my schedules & reels in jobs for me like clockwork & now I'm 35% indepted to the shop for each sales we close I provide my own film & advertising & other expenses for the bizness & realized at the end of the day after all expenses are taking into account I'm braking even with the shop by a slight margin & I do all the work hahahaha! the manager seems happy but ultimately I want to believe its a fair compensation for all the emnities provided & his willingness to schedule & invoice all the work for me! at first he was reluctant becuzz he is very busy at times gettN pulled from all directions but I had a sit down with him to discuss the greater possibilities if he would handle this aspect of the biz & jump on board for me he agreed & now the work is progressing steadily & I'm writing fat checks! but it's a win/win aint it fellas!!!! :beer or am I overcompensating here honestly I think its fair!!! becuzz at first I had maybe 2 cars a week & wouldn't be able to afford a monthly rate for the bay with limited capital, but they held on for the first few months with me having to settle for pocket change ... but now can it be fair to say its time to pay whats due... :chin

I think you are giving the shop a bit much. Even though you are makin it ok for now. You will never be able to take on a helper to get more jobs done. With all the shop is doing for you, I wouldn't have given them more then 25% maybe 30% if the manager was really selling alot of work for you.

I hope that is wider than 10 FEET....not sure how you could tint anything in a 10 foot wide bay.

As for the percent....I give shops 10, 15, and 20% depending on how much I get in the day. I break it so that I don't tint 1/2 a day and still give them the full 20%.

Only way I could see doing 25 or more percent would be if you take out materials from the amount you are paying on...but that is me.

Guest IcustomTint

I have kind of considered it to be a bit high & I get second thoughts at times but maybe I can reason it out with them to offer maybe 30% as work starts to really builds up I'm sure they'll be sensible about it if not then .... time to say hello to my litLe friend :shoot1

Guest carolina_shade

Best of luck :beer with this business relationship. I know in some things it's hard to reduce on an amount of money once a deal is agreed on. Might want to keep your little friend :shoot1 close by.

Guest VaTinterPMan

Yeah your in a tuff spot IMO. You can try talking with the Owner or the person that is renting the property again...But I feel the same as c2c. You are giving up a lot even if he is making some apt. for you its not hard to set some up.

Maybe start trying to find another place to work out of?? once again just my opinion. Hope it all works out man....:twocents

Archived