Is a minivan considered a "multi-purpose vehicle"?

Guest mileena

Guest mileena

Hi, I live in California and have a 2007 Toyota Sienna minivan with the middle and back rows of seats folded down or removed. Is this considered an MPV? It is a van afterall, just smaller. Many florists, in fact, use Dondge Caravans, for example, with no rear and middle seats for their business. If so, I can have 0's on my rear windows and not violate many states' tinting laws, since they allow for rear windows on an MPV to have any tint, but not on a passenger car.

Also, is there such a thing as 0's? I have seen 5's refrred to a lot, but never 0's. Will a good tinter have samples to display to me?

Thanks!

Guest mileena

Thanks so much to all of you! I am going to leave the front side driver and passenger windows untinted, since that is the law in California, but I will get the back five windows tinted to either 0 or 5. I hope the latch on the two rear sides don't cause him many problems. I will also check the door jamb label...keeping my fingers crossed. Even though California allows 0, other western states don't, unless it is an MPV. And I often travel through these states.

so your either going to install 5% tint or 0? zero as in no tint or 0%? 0% tint doesnt exist unless your talking about having them blacked out with vinyl.

There is blackout film available. Suppose that would be 0%. honestly thought, why? 5% will block enough

so your either going to install 5% tint or 0? zero as in no tint or 0%? 0% tint doesnt exist unless your talking about having them blacked out with vinyl.

There is blackout film available. Suppose that would be 0%. honestly thought, why? 5% will block enough

I have tinted MPV's with black out film and vinyl when customers need .... well, no light :lol

Vinyl is much easier to install :twocents Mileena, remember 0 % going to make it impossible to see through at all.

Archived